Good AND Bad News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good AND Bad News!

So the Good news is I made it on the news! they got my car racing a honda civic hatch eg. It was a talk about the illegal drag racing here in the islands! The bad news is my main cap bearings are toast! grinded into my main caps too, Ill put up picks later, at least I found out why there was metal in the oil haha, anybody know were I could find main caps and some good performance bearings for the main caps and rods? Thanks

Main caps are matched/honed to the block, you can't just replace them without having the whole block line bored & re- honed
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Also, if you've worn the bearings down that far, your crankshaft is toast as well, unless it was hardchromed at some point or really trick nitride.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Man I'm screwed! Anybody got a block for sale? I really want to finish this up, please somebody hook me up!

Comment

What is shipping cost to Hawaii?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

You forgot the most important part - did you win??

That thing must have sounded terrible and had no oil pressure if your bearing was really so far gone it tore into the main caps. If you ran it with no oil pressure you better check the cam etc too. Pics would be good!
            ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
            1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
            2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              What is shipping cost to Hawaii?
              I'm not sure I'll pay it tho whatever it is.cause I can't stop at 13sec with my festiva I gottah get to the 11sec��

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                You forgot the most important part - did you win??

That thing must have sounded terrible and had no oil pressure if your bearing was really so far gone it tore into the main caps. If you ran it with no oil pressure you better check the cam etc too. Pics would be good!
                haha He won by .3 seconds!! And the car was running fine and idling fine I just pulled it apart because the release bearing was making a weird noise, Didnt have a gauge to check oil pressure but ill post pics! looks like the thrust bearing was to small or something because it was eating up on the sides of the main caps

Comment

Working...
                X