Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda rescues vs Honda rescued!

What a day Saturday...
    Friday I took the red festiva into the closest mountains with morel mushrooms to find a place to make day camp and hunt mushrooms. Somewhere close and easy to walk yet isolated so as not to worry about 2 - 4 year olds running around and momma could take care of the babies without too much distraction from the 2 - 4 year olds and us adults could hunt mushrooms, firewood what ever. Take kids quad riding..

Saturday my son arrives with a honda stuffed with too many kids. We put my oldest grand daughter in our festiva then hook up the trailer with the Quad. The women note the extra room on the trailer before we leave and in short order I have a 2000 lb load on the trailer.

Somewhere on our climb up gravel roads and then dirt trails and finally an old elk trail through woodsy meadows my ignition switch lost one of the two ignition circuits. This circuit runs the wipers, the heater blower and the radiator cooling fan. There were no symptoms so I had no clue anything was wrong until my 2 year old radiator spit the upper tank into the grill. Very impressive cloud of steam by the way. We still had a mile or so of climb to camp so I unloaded my Honda and towed everything to camp. After we set up camp and cooked lunch I borrowed my sons honda car and drove back to town.

Nobody had anything in stock so I grabbed an Aspire radiator and fan I had sitting around and several gallons of water.

My son helped with the considerable effort to install an Aspire radiator into a festiva, and he did not miss a chance to compare our two cars while mine was broke. Dirt bag...lol

On the way home we notice there is no Honda behind us. We back tracked several miles and found the Honda with a flat tire! Crazy, never had so much go wrong but don't temp luck, rescuer may need rescued !
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Murphy was watching over your shoulder!!

Murphy's law states. If it can go wrong, it will.

I don't like that Murphy guy
    Last edited by drddan; 05-03-2015, 12:23 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

It sure made for an awesome day today. It turns out I had to go back and get all the stuff I left. I left mushrooms all over the place that I picked up before I got packed up and headed for home. One overloaded trailer and a festy with an aspire adaption and no cooling fan on a hot sunny day headed for home. Festy is a trooper!!
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
      X