does the VIN number mean anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does the VIN number mean anything?

are ther any codes in the VIN for a festiva that tells you anyting about it? i know with my old fords you can tell a lot about the car from the VIN. is there a festiva VIN decoder?
    AIM= bobbo216

the ford festiva service book i bought decodes the vin number.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

cool! what does KNJPT06HXM6113831 tell you?! if its possible to tell what trans it is i would like to know, im going to look at this car in a week and might be able to buy it, all i know is the car is white and that is the VIN.
      AIM= bobbo216

Comment

why not try doing a CARFAX report

Don’t settle for anything less than the genuine CARFAX Vehicle History Report when buying a used car. Carfax helps you avoid costly hidden problems and gain valuable insights into any car’s ownership history.

it will tell you a lot about most cars

Comment

VIN breakdown

KNJ - kia motor corp, P- passive seat belts

T - ford imported/non ford built, 06 - GL model, H- 1.3L,

4- check digit for all vehicles, X (93') N (92') - model yr code (unsure of other yrs codes)

6 - assembly plant (sohari, s. korea), numbers 12-17 production number

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you sure about that X, in your vin, i show a 4 as standard after the H? maybe older models were different. what yr is the car do you know that? doing a carfax would be smart if your thinking of buying it.
          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by todd00
            VIN breakdown

KNJ - kia motor corp, P- passive seat belts

T - ford imported/non ford built, 06 - GL model, H- 1.3L,

4- check digit for all vehicles, X (93') N (92') - model yr code (unsure of other yrs codes)

6 - assembly plant (sohari, s. korea), numbers 12-17 production number

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you sure about that X, in your vin, i show a 4 as standard after the H? maybe older models were different. what yr is the car do you know that? doing a carfax would be smart if your thinking of buying it.
            thanks for the info!

ohh, the X is ther in the number i have, i have not seen the car in person yet to verify the X is really in the VIN.
            AIM= bobbo216

Comment

Working...
            X