Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Festiva Pickup VS Miata Tug of War

Short but sweet.

It’s a Mazda Miata chained to a ranchero-ized Ford Festiva pickup for a round of tug of war. Who will win?

Can't help but think that Festiva would have won with something other than stock tires that are probably 10+ years old. While that Miata looks like it actually gets driven. lol
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-13-2015, 02:11 AM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

This is definitely a sport where vehicle weight, and RWD or AWD are helpful. At least the miata is useful for something. Haha.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      At least the miata is useful for something. Haha.
      This from a guy who just put down a 1'54"37 lap time a week ago on Inde's configuration 3A in a 1990 Street Stock Miata, less than 2sec of off the track record for a TTD class car??? Useful for something my ____!!!
      No car too fast !

Comment

Haha. Okay, they are fun to drive, but I think Pedro will run faster than that, if I can get some suspension under the car.

But I'm not going to try a tug-o-war with the SSM car. Hehe
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-13-2015, 03:24 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Pedro will go faster, no contest.
          I think the Festy truck would have won with another 150lbs on the front axle. The Miata carries almost 1200lbs on the rear axle with the spare and tools in the trunk.
          No car too fast !

Comment

The tug may have been different if the festy was allowed to tug in reverse. I demand a rematch!

Comment

The festy tire tread went liquid first...the festy has wrecking yard tires and the miata has something expensive , probably track tires. But, if you want to race them I guess you have to handicap the festy pretty bad to get a close race!
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
              X