What's going on guys! New to the Festiva forum and new to the
    Festiva world. Looking at getting my first Festiva in a couple
    weeks. Is there anything I should pay attention to or anything
    I should be aware of before I purchase one? I'm also wanting one
    with A/C. What model years were the cars with the A/C in
    production? I'm also wanting an auto trans. Can't stand dealing
    with a stick shift. Thanks in advance for the info and I hope to
    make some new friends here!

welcome to the site tons of info on here. look for a non rusted out festiva. post a wtb (wanted to buy festiva) in the for sale section. if looking for a non modified auto car you should find something for a daily driver. auto stock festivas get 30 -35 mpg 5 speed 35-45 mpg. welcome to the site & good luck finding a nice festiva
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Just look for rust like kumalaba said .
      Look around and rear end mounts . And up front were the sway bar bolts threw . Welcome to the forum.
      Your about 4 hours north of me.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I need to sell a full size GMC truck first. What years did they start putting A/C in these vehicles? I would even contemplate trading a full size for the right Festiva...htd I used to go deer hunting near Salem, William
        Last edited by georgie vertical; 05-14-2015, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and the Madness.
          I think that all years (88-93) had the option, factory or aftermarket (dealer install). Maybe one in ten that you find has AC. It is a pretty easy install if you can pull the parts off one in a junk yard. Use the search feature and read up on it.
          I saw William welcomed you to the forum. He forgot to invite you to Lakestiva 2015 (and he is putting it on).
          Since you are so close, come on down and meet a few of the nicest Festiva Freaks around and see some of cars and mods that you will read about. Go to the Forum and look for the Meets section. Directions to it are there. Hope to see and meet you then.

frogman
          I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Look for 1990-93 Festiva autos. The 89s had a unique auto trans system so parts can be harder to source. IIRC all 1988s were stick. All years had A/C.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

welcomsign
              Illinois
              We will all be watching you become addicted to modifying and fixing your own car.
              Our members almost never take our vehicles in for repairs, except for maybe the occasional laser alignment.

Comment

They seem pretty simple and open to work on and I try not to bring any of my vehicles in to the shop. As far as finding one of these in a junk yard, is very slim. I've seen a couple next to garages over the past couple years.
                Last edited by georgie vertical; 05-15-2015, 06:21 AM.

Comment

There is a beautiful one in FL for sale by a member.If i hadnt flown down and driven one back in Feb.I would be on that one.

Comment

Welcome Aboard! You are literately 30 minutes from me. I live just outside of Momence. And trust me, they ARE easy to work on. If I can do it, anyone can. Mine is also an Auto, but doesnt have A/C. If you need any help when you get one, let me know. I'm not much of a mechanic but I might be able to help in some way.
                    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

Welcome, George! Take a peek at the For Sale section here on the board, there's a '90 auto ac car that looks pretty good in Fort Wayne. Not mine huhuhh
                      I'm 2 hours southeast of you welcomsign

Comment

TYLER!!!^^^
                        Last edited by georgie vertical; 05-15-2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
                          Welcome Aboard! You are literately 30 minutes from me. I live just outside of Momence. And trust me, they ARE easy to work on. If I can do it, anyone can. Mine is also an Auto, but doesnt have A/C. If you need any help when you get one, let me know. I'm not much of a mechanic but I might be able to help in some way.
                          Yes Tyler, I know you and you know me... Small world

Comment

Originally posted by radi8u View Post
                            Welcome, George! Take a peek at the For Sale section here on the board, there's a '90 auto ac car that looks pretty good in Fort Wayne. Not mine huhuhh
                            I'm 2 hours southeast of you welcomsign
                            I called and texted him on that car last night and no answer so far. Guess he
                            doesn't want to sell it too bad. Seems a little steep
                            Last edited by georgie vertical; 05-15-2015, 05:31 PM.

Comment

There's one for sale in Albuquerque right now lol needs work, but chances are it won't have rust!
                              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X