Add another BP Festiva to my stable..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add another BP Festiva to my stable..

Yes, that was a long ass trip to go get a Festiva.. like 2300mi round trip.

Ran into a riced out civic going thru El Paso.. The car smoked him bad from a rolling start.. actually had to back off the pedal and wait like 30 seconds for him to catch up.. The passenger was laughing his ass off at him pointing at the driver and doing a thumbs down.. so we went again.. once again I smoked him bad.. this time he bailed down an exit..

But the white beast is here.. looks like Matts turbo car..

No pics yet, the car itself isn't as pretty as I hoped it would be, and there are a few unfinished things to do like putting the blower assembly back in.. (like to froze my ass off in the desert last night) but it drives pretty good and looks ok.. no rust a few dings.. Quick as all get out..

There is no carpet in it, but I was warned why.. Turns out it was a NAPA auto parts car.. so I have to fix the screw holes in the roof from that stupid hat that was on top at 1 time.. they were sealed, but he said his brother poked one of the seals out.. sure enough, I ran into a big storm and after about 100 miles I realized I was standing in about an inch of water.. bailed it out and put good ole duck tape over the little hole. I also found that if I look at an angle I can see where the hood used to say Napa Auto Parts on it..

What really amazed me was that in AZ the dmv is open on Saturday so the title was put in my name right there on the spot and I was issued a 90 day temp plate. All the paperwork was done in an hour for presentation to the Texas dmv..

Was a hell of a thing not being used to that 4 puck.. no give at all either your going or your not.. barely streetable.. 1st gear is pretty much useless for street driving. He had the clutch pedal adjusted all the way out, so I will have to change that. Also I found that the tach needle is off by at least 500rpm to the low side.. and idle is high. I have to fix the running lights, I don't know yet what that's about.. but no big deal.

1500 was a bit high IMO for the looks of the car, but once you drive it, you can see that the guy put a lot of work into it.. so I am ok with it..

I was averaging 33mpg at 80 with bursts to 100+ in some areas at 4am.

I will post pics as soon as I clean it up a bit..

Can't wait to see some pics. How was the install? When first I put my BP car together I had a used 6 puck and it sucked, on or off. Chattered real bad and I couldn't even drive it. In my current gtx project I'm using a 4 puck. I hope it works if not I have a brand new act street clutch waiting.

Get a few pics up.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

What trans is in the car? stock or g25?

Comment

well if you try to take off slowly it will chatter.. 2nd gear is a must for taking off in traffic but it still chatter trying to keep from running the guy over in front of you..

The guy said he swapped exhaust and intake cams and adjusted them with the toda cam gears.. I haven't confirmed it though.

He gave me an RX-7 VAF but said it didn't make a difference between that 1 and the EGT one.. Unless you tune it.. Your cars look much better.. but that's temporary

I am going to redo the pass side motor mount or put the bend in it the way it needs to be the one he mad is straight flat so the bushing is laying over a bit. I'll also seal up a few spots in the firewall and clen the engine bay up.. I hate a dirty engine bay..

Comment

Nice car! It does look like Matt's car, I think you got a good deal there!
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

WOW DJ. I am impressed :shock: , I think you got a helluva deal
            That is a nice car !!
            LMFAO -- before I knew it I was standing in a inch of water and had to bail it out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
            ------------------------------------------------
            The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
            Smart Passion white with H-D interior
            HD2500 Duramax Chevy
            Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
            Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
            Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
            Z28 LS1 power 500 +
            90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
            It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

yes, nice car. what is the horsepower of a bp engine?
              "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Deathshead
                What trans is in the car? stock or g25?
                It's got the Festiva trans and a clutchnet 4 puck..

Oh, I'm pretty sure it needs bearings also.. glad it has the Aspire brakes..

Comment

Nice find!

The engine looks crooked though... :shock:
                  * Retired Festiva-er*
                  1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                  B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Wow Fred I can't believe you see that.. once I fix the motor mount, it will be straight..

but yeah the top piece of the mount being flat instead of angled making the bushing part to near a 45deg angle.. Haven't done it, but I bet if I was to pull the mount it would automatically come back to straight..

Comment

* Retired Festiva-er*
                      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I think it looks great !

:lol: :lol:
                        sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

i like how solid white festivas look w/ shite bumpers.

92l efi 240K+ stock

Comment

yeah, I like shite bumpers too, tee hee
                            In the beginning the Universe was created.
                            This has made a lot of people very angry
                            and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

-Douglas Adams

[1989 B3 Ford Festiva L]

Comment

Working...
                            X