Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

valve and headgasket failure. never knew how.deadly it could be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve and headgasket failure. never knew how.deadly it could be.

So as you all may know ive been driving my 82 Voyager (b150) van as my daily.
    I suspected a valve was going but was gonna wait a week. It almost cost me my life.

I dont know exactly what happened yet. But a couple people have said they think a valve stuck open or failed and allowed gas and coolant fumes/smoke into the Cab. Ultimately caused by a small headgasket "break"

The event :
    I was driving to work. It was raining/hailing. My van had backfired early into the trip. Not loud but like a labored puff. I thought nothing if it at first.
    i get about 5-7 miles down the highway. There is a Hill called Monument hill. Its always in the news when it snows. Well I started noticing the windows fogging. I assumed it was from the weather so i turned the heater on. A few mins later at the top of the hill, i notice the music was getting softer and i was coughing,throat sore ( not quite burning,but like...sore throat ?). then i noticed a residue in my mouth. Opened the wondows and pulled over...and pow. She was smoking through the vents and out the dogbox something fierce. I took a seat at the side of the road. The dizziness subsided and i could hear the music again.
    I called a friend and a cop stopped and made sure i was alright.

That Isht was SCARY. it happened FAST. Its been about a week now. The nausea, loss of appetite, muscle spasms, and dizzyness have all subsided.
    the dry cough and motor skills (?) Are still in the mend but good. Motor skills are kinda like when you come in from the cold and tou try to open a bottle or type on you phone. I slept for the first three days....

Well now im getting better. Im taking the heads off with some help from a friend. So ill report my findings.
    Be safe out there.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Wow, that's some weird stuff!
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

That hill was almost your monument! Purge your system, eat only produce for a week and workout until you sweat. You absorbed some bad stuff and you do not want it messing with the receptor cells in your body. Diabetes, dementia..all happen when nutrients in your blood cannot enter the cells properly.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Thanks movin!
        Ive been walking and jogging.
        and lots of fruits and vegetables.
        I want to find an oxygen bar or find somone with a tank i can use for 15- 20 mins
        Fast....Women are fast
        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Working...
        X