My first festy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first festy

I kinda have a car fetish..been lurking here for a few years and I finally have a festiva to play with. Just sold my daily so she will take over for a bit until I find the right s4. The car is completely rust free and no major accidents. The previous owner used to haul hay around in it so gutting and cleaning is first on the list.
    Autocratic...
    Buy these dope wheelshttp://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4193133

Nice! Keep us posted on the build.

Tire chains in SoCal?
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Awesome! Why is it Festivas tend to come from unusual backgrounds? I think its a cool factor, just wondering. I mean you just don't hear someone say I just picked a Pontiac Fiero. It was being used to haul sugar cane to the field truck.
      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Congrats that's a great find, looks like it will clean up well.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Clean start!
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

I'm in Nevada now.. The paint will clean up..should have the carpet back in her today. After I figure which audi I will buy she will be played with a bit. Thanks for the kind words
            Autocratic...

Comment

Nice lookin' Festy !
              I like the graphic, clean & understated.
              Not garish like alot were.
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                Nice lookin' Festy !
                I like the graphic, clean & understated.
                Not garish like alot were.
                I kinda wish it was a full saved by the bell garish graphic. There was a white latemodel in Bakersfield that had the full oe treatment and the car was flawless.. I offered him a good amount for it a few times and he wouldn't come off of it.. At least I got the swoopys and a little 90s goodness.
                Autocratic...

Comment

very nice car, good luck with it!
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Fun! I love the old car smell and the thrill of a different Festiva.....that color is growing on me.....keep pics popping.
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

My '88 never once boiled over in L.A. or out in the desert at Needles.. Will you be using some seats?

Comment

Seats are for panzies.

Seriously though, nice looking car.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Wild color. You should change the bumper skins like I did to get a little contrast.

Now that you have the seats and carpet out, it's sound deadening time!
                          It is possible to make our rattle cans as quiet a ride as a Lexus.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 05-18-2015, 07:26 AM.

Comment

I don't mind a little rattle..I'm not going to make it something it isn't although a dumb motorswap is in the future.
                            Autocratic...

Comment

I have serious festiva envy reading this thread. Nice one!
                              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Working...
                              X