Motorcycle Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Engine

Did any one else see Jay Leno's garage this week with the Honda 600 with the modern motorcycle engine and trans in it? It is a really fun video. Has any ever tried a motor cycle engine Festi?
    Last edited by skswig62; 05-27-2015, 07:59 PM.

Motorcycle Engine

Hayabusa motor 1300cc is in a festy around me. Usually on craigs for around $19,000https://vimeo.com/129055478 no reverse
    Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 05-27-2015, 07:54 PM.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Ya I think I read about that car in the custom engine thread now that I think about it . How did they do the drive train/ trany?

Comment

Long time ago now there was/is a Festy with a Harley motor in it that was on the site I believe. Green with white flames....very nicely done.

found it on you tube....there are others.

"FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

yeah that is cool, tha motor sounded awesome & that tranny shifting
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

There will be a couple more motorcycle powered Festivas. Hopefully within a year.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

ok charlie h2 powered?
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                There will be a couple more motorcycle powered Festivas. Hopefully within a year.
                I eventually want to do one with a snowmobile motor.......looked through a book my brother in law had and there are some real serious horsepower and torque options available. Mounting and fabbing it up to a Festy tranny should not be to much work at all either.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                  I eventually want to do one with a snowmobile motor.......looked through a book my brother in law had and there are some real serious horsepower and torque options available. Mounting and fabbing it up to a Festy tranny should not be to much work at all either.
                  Just retain the CVT from the snowmobile.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

"if you aint first, your last..." - Ricky Bobby

Im doing a zx14 engine in my 92 in February. Post pics soon...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X