Recent Festiva Adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Festiva Adventure

Two weekends ago I took my tired $500 yellow festy on a 1000 mile adventure to the garden peninsula in the UP of Michigan. I bolted a cargo box to the roof (classy I know) stuffed it with gear and hit the road with a potential NAWALT….

We ended up camping about 10 miles down a logging road. I had to ride the ruts to get the festy back in there…

It was a nice clear night and we slept under the stars. Coyotes starting yipping int he early AM which scared the NAWALT a little, but I was able to convince her that bears were more of a concern

We averaged 38 MPG for the whole trip even with the box on the roof. Festivas are amazing little cars. Now the NAWALT wants one

FX
    Because....45 MPG.

There's nothing quite like a road trip in a Festiva. Also, I've gotta ask what NAWALT stands for.
    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
      There's nothing quite like a road trip in a Festiva. Also, I've gotta ask what NAWALT stands for.
      Not All Women Are Like That. Referring to your typical garden variety materialistic and controlling female. Good luck on that front, festyxfi.
      Last edited by TominMO; 05-28-2015, 10:58 AM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by festyxfi View Post
        Two weekends ago I took my tired $500 yellow festy on a 1000 mile adventure to the garden peninsula in the UP of Michigan. I bolted a cargo box to the roof (classy I know) stuffed it with gear and hit the road with a potential NAWALT….

1. It was a nice clear night and we slept under the stars. Coyotes starting yipping int he early AM which scared the NAWALT a little, but I was able to convince her that bears were more of a concern
        2. Festivas are amazing little cars.
        3. Now the NAWALT wants one

FX
        1. Not clear on how explaining that bears were more of a concern would make her feel better....
        2. I think we all know that by now. ;-)
        3. A very good sign that she wants one.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X