Aspire Suspension Swap Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire Suspension Swap Question

Has anyone measured the stopping distance from 60mph with the Aspire swapped brakes? I would like to know exactly how much they actually improve braking.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
    Has anyone measured the stopping distance from 60mph with the Aspire swapped brakes? I would like to know exactly how much they actually improve braking.
    Just do it. Don't doubt that it makes a big difference. Just doing the fronts will give you the majority of the improvement.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Oh I plan on doing the swap once I get a rust free Festiva, no doubt. I was just curious
      1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

I just don't think it's been done because most people's stock brakes are pretty knackered when they do the swap, so any stopping distance result is moot.

Can't wait to get my Rio swap on tomorrow. Going to use the junkyard rotors and pads until I get my slotted rotors from Rockauto.
        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 06-03-2015, 01:59 PM.
        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Do the swap now. These parts are getting harder and harder to find. They can be swapped from car to car. Plus you may need that stopping power tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X