Bumper beam question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumper beam question.

Are the front and rear bumper beams different between US and Canadian Festivas? Not talking about the flexible outer cover nut the metal bit inside. The reason I ask is that, as Chris found out, we have to trim the corners on the front and modify the rear when in tallinn the FMS/ATH bumpers. I don't recall anyone from the US having to do that.

Thanks.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

i have a Canadian festiva ill pull my bumper cover off tomorrow if i wake up early enough before work and take a picture
    88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
    89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
    93 gl FI (sold) automagical
    89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
    88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

Originally posted by monkeykiller1996 View Post
      i have a Canadian festiva ill pull my bumper cover off tomorrow if i wake up early enough before work and take a picture
      I have a Canadian Festiva too. I'd really like to see a photo of a US market bumper beam to see if there is any difference. If you have both then that would be great.
      Thanks

Ian
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

sorry i dont have a the U.S version but someone with a camera on the forum is bound to have one :tm: , come on people fork up the pictures
        Last edited by monkeykiller1996; 06-04-2015, 02:15 AM.
        88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
        89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
        93 gl FI (sold) automagical
        89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
        88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

my parts fiche would indicate if there was a canadian only application for any parts but it doesn't for the beams. they are the same straight across from 88-93 except the front beam has 2 different part #s. one for ATX and one for MT. i've been disassembling the GTX front end and will have a comparison pic between that beam which is quite different and a US/CAN beam.

Comment

Thank you sir. I'm pretty sure the EDM beam is different as well.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Not quite sure what you are after but my 88 has the rear beam naked right now, it is US, it has a hitch attached, I could post pics tomorrow if that is of interest. The angle you need is something I didn't quite get either?
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
                Not quite sure what you are after but my 88 has the rear beam naked right now, it is US, it has a hitch attached, I could post pics tomorrow if that is of interest. The angle you need is something I didn't quite get either?
                Pictures would be great. I think the shot I'm looking for on the back is of the ends and the 'leg' where it is bolted to the car. I have a rear beam off a Canadian car sitting loose right now so I will be able to compare. Thank you.
                Last edited by fastivaca; 06-04-2015, 11:41 PM.
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

here is a front one. 5 views. if you need a more specific area snapped lemme know. trivia: bare weight 20.2 lbs.

Comment

Thanks for those! I'll compare them to my existing beam and if there's any difference I will report back.

Thanks

Ian
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

i don't know if it applys to the ATH cover but the GTX front cover (maybe the rear too) is an inch wider than a standard front cover. not at the attaching points on the fender but right after that it buldges out an extra 1/2" each side. but then that should actually help your install. it sounds like you have to trim your beam to get the ATH to fit over it?

Comment

Working...
                        X