spindle help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spindle help needed

question i have is on the rear of the festiva is the washer,spindle nut,retainer,cotter key on the driver side and the passenger side has a castle nut,cotter key does anyone know what the part numbers are for these and where i can buy them at

Stock arrangement is stake nuts on both sides up through mid-92. Castle nut and cotter pin on late 92 and 93. If they aren't the same on your car( what year is it?), one spindle has been changed out. Rockauto has the stake nuts( in 2 packs) but I don't see the castle nuts. Stock is also left hand thread on the right, passenger side, at least with the stake nut.
    "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
    "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
    "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
    "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
    "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
    "Wenona"-89L parts car
    "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
      Stock arrangement is stake nuts on both sides up through mid-92. Castle nut and cotter pin on late 92 and 93. If they aren't the same on your car( what year is it?), one spindle has been changed out. Rockauto has the stake nuts( in 2 packs) but I don't see the castle nuts. Stock is also left hand thread on the right, passenger side, at least with the stake nut.
      Are you sure about that? My early build '93 had stake nuts on both sides before I did my Aspire swap.
      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nope. Not entirely sure. My two 92's both have stake nuts and the 93 I stripped down had castle nuts. As far as the dates involved, I am going by what others have posted here. I guess it's possible that your 93 might have been changed out before you got it. I briefly considered putting the 93 spindles on my daughter's car when I had everything off to replace the beam she bent, as I am not crazy about "one use parts" like stake nuts, but one of them looked a little discolored like it might have overheated at some point. The old ones looked better to me so I left them.
        "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
        "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
        "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
        "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
        "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
        "Wenona"-89L parts car
        "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

check out rockauto. I buy a lot from there.
          1990 festiva l (747 the jumbo jet) (b6t & g box)

Comment

Originally posted by cliferton View Post
            check out rockauto. I buy a lot from there.
            They won't have the washers though. I found that out the hardway.

It is actually impossible to find the rear spindle washers new, I had to get a member here to send me one.

Funny enough though, I am actually using the Festiva stake nuts on my Aspire swap. lol
            I just couldn't find the castle nuts for a reasonable price, so just used my old stake nuts. (Yes I reuse mine, and have never had a problem, even routinely check to see if they have moved, and they do not.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
              Nope. Not entirely sure. My two 92's both have stake nuts and the 93 I stripped down had castle nuts. As far as the dates involved, I am going by what others have posted here. I guess it's possible that your 93 might have been changed out before you got it. I briefly considered putting the 93 spindles on my daughter's car when I had everything off to replace the beam she bent, as I am not crazy about "one use parts" like stake nuts, but one of them looked a little discolored like it might have overheated at some point. The old ones looked better to me so I left them.
              My apologies. You were right. I just went and looked at my old spindles again and sure enough, there were castle nuts. My bad.
              Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
              Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
              White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
              White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
              Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
              Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
              Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
              White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
              X