whoa.. glad I made it home..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoa.. glad I made it home..

I had a shop do the bearings.. the mechanic originally thought it was the outter pass side front... I told him I didn't trust replacing just the outters.. so I had him change all of them.. damn glad I did.. sure enough most were bad.. worse than that was I just made a 1200mi trip on a driver's side hub that had every hole stripped or crossthreaded for the first 3 or 4 threads which was as far as the stock lugs will fit on Miata wheels.. So we looked, and sure enough, all were stock Festiva length bolts.. He re-tapped the hub and we put longer 12mm 1.50 bolts on.. by the time it was done, I was holding my wallet.. Usually I'll do bearings myself, but this time I wanted a warranty..

Ended up costing me 500 in parts and labor to get everything done.. damn..

holy cow to do bearings and re tap the hub 500???? i think a full set of bearings front and back cost me 150 i still havent replaced the backs. as far as the hub goes did they weld the threads and retap it or helicoil them??

Comment

:shock: 5 Hunjed
      Well you was lucky coming home , thankfully nothing came apart , that would have not been good in the middle of smokin someone on your way home and having a tire go south .
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Are they Aspire brakes on the car DJ?
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I didn't even feel safe lowering the car with the stock festiva bolts on miata wheels.

I wouldn't have bothered with the bearings, aspire hubs are pretty cheap and easy to come by.
          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Ouch! :!:
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

well I just didn't have the time to do it,clean up and drive across Houston for an appointment.. and it cost me.. but even though, it's better than me pushing it because I didn't have time to do it myself. With my luck with Techno lately.. :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                Are they Aspire brakes on the car DJ?
                yeah..

Comment

Sometimes that's cheaper in the long run anyway!
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

like on my 91 festiva i could try to change the crank seal myself but working 7 days a week it would be cheeper in the longrun if i paid someone else to do it or i could srew it up by rushing the job.

Comment

Is the interior still all striped, sound proofed, and stereo'ed?
                      Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

iv had a vibration in mine for a while now. so i jacked up the rear and found one of my tires has a broken belt but noticed the wheel would wiggle on the hub. so i took the hubs off to check the bearings and found i had no rear breaks. and the bearings were pretty dry. went up to napa and got new bearings for the rear for 19 bucks and the shoes for both sides for 13. $36 total with the shoe core and i can finaly use my e-brake a little less than 500 if you do it yourself...then again, mine were rears...never done the front
                        90 L FI..second B3
                        90 L Parts car
                        Jay

Comment

^^mine was 8 bearings total.. did you have them pressed in?

Comment

only 4 here...just the rears. no i didnt...am i suposed to? ops:
                            90 L FI..second B3
                            90 L Parts car
                            Jay

Comment

I just replaced the front bearings on my Festiva. Took the knuckles to Car Quest and had them furnish the bearings and seals. Had them turn the rotors too as long as they were at it. $186. Probably could have saved some money by shopping around for the parts separately, but...

Hey! I'm a "junior member" now! (Instead of a "lurker") :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X