No announcement yet.

I ordered a borescope for $10 shipped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ordered a borescope for $10 shipped?

Not that I particularly need one, but ...$10. USB, Led lites, and software, if needed. If anyone wants to see, it's

I've bought from them before and the 10-20 days shipping was about 12 for me.
    If this is in the wrong forum, I'm sure y'all will let me know.
    "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
    "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
    "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
    "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
    "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
    "Wenona"-89L parts car
    "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Yeah, that makes sense. I just really never thought about that kind of application. Ever seen a bare digital camera lens and sensor piece? TINY. This was an obvious use for them. Just never would have even though to look for it.

I've just searched and they are available widely it seems. Nice tip.

Here ya go. US shipping from Cali.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121688549909

Also it seems this will work with a smartphone as long as you have a cable adapter and your phone supports USB devices being attached. Mine does. So you get nearly a commercial borescope for $10 if you already have a smartphone or tablet. Nice.
    Last edited by sketchman; 07-24-2015, 12:38 PM.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Yeah, Sketch. I bought then searched, too. I was blown away by the price. I guess Tomtop got the sale because I get a weekly e-mail as a past customer, and they caught my eye first. I think it's worth ten just to play around with. We'll see.
      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
      "Wenona"-89L parts car
      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

I bought a full hand held unit. It has a SC card slot to save vids and pictures. Takes awesome video in dark spots. I just used it to help me fish some orings out of a heater core.

Comment

The one Jawja bought has a 5.5 mm camera housing. The ebay one shows as 10mm. Jawja lemme know how well it works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
          Tim
          '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
          '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
          '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
          '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
          '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
          '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
          '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
          '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

I opted for this one on ebay - $13.99, better specs, already in the US, delivery by Aug 3, money back guarantee by ebay, and there were negative reviews about tomtop. Oh yeah, also has accessories and a manual .5M 6 LED Waterproof USB Borescope Snake Inspection Endoscope Tube 5.5mm Camera
            Last edited by tooldude; 07-27-2015, 10:36 AM.
            When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Comment

No link.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Made the link...http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-6-LED-Wat...item41987ee91e
                Last edited by tooldude; 07-29-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Cool. That's a great deal.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Interested to hear a review of that ebay borescope once you get it.
                    The Festiva Store
                    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Has anyone taken or saved any pics yet? Are they ( .jpg ) or something else? Would be nice to view inside the cylinder through the spark plug hole or anywhere else where you can't get to or see.:woc:
                      Last edited by boydg1; 07-30-2015, 02:58 AM.
                      A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

I have tried this scope (the one I listed) at various distances and am not getting the sharp focus that should be there, even up close. However, in setup I saw a folder which I believe is for a 64 bit system and my computer is running at 32 bit. There is no mention of anything about this in the very limited instructions, but I'm thinking this may be the problem - especially since some options are grayed out and don't function. The lens is very sensitive to movement and very hard to get to its best sharpness, even with steadying the hand. It's best used with a helping hand fixture or secured down. The view rotates with rotation of the cable. The mirror does not function very well with the LEDs on, even low, as it tends to make a glare in the view. I could not get a usable mirror view of valves through the spark plug hole. It works without the lights, but even as it's performing now, I see a further loss of focus. A test on a 64 bit system needs to be made to make an accurate judgement. Views of monitor button at 19mm, 40mm, 80mm, head@2Ft, through plug hole & on paper towel, cart@3Ft.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Which one?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                            Which one?
                            It's the one I linked in post #8 above.

Comment

Too bad. I just tested mine. I sprang for the more expensive "720p" one. First of all it isn't 720p at all. It's VGA as I suspected.

Second, it's like the above already said. It's junk really. Unless you can hold the thing perfectly still, and that's not happening during normal usage of something like this, it can never quite focus on anything. So things are always blurry.

Not worth the money I'm afraid. I'll be sending mine back for a refund because it's not as described. Was supposed to be HD and it's VGA, so that gets me off paying for it at least.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X