New Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Festiva

I'm going to look at a 93 tomorrow. It doesn't look to bad upon my quick walk around. It's been a few years since I've been in the market. I've been told it needs a new front wheel bearing. I see it as needing tires, battery, cv joint(boots torn), and new head lights. It's an auto with "working" a/c. What else should I look at before I plunk down the asking price of $600?
    In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)
    This is NOT an abandoned vehicle

Rust. Otherwise, for $600, BUY IT!

BTW ..Welcome back! 4 years!! .... WTH!
    Last edited by drddan; 07-25-2015, 11:56 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Rust looks ok. Life, kids, and Suburbans put the kabash on my hobby. I'm excited , and nervous. I've never spent more than $200 on a Festiva. I feel like a high roller!
      In the 90's we had Clinton in office. We also had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have Obama in office and we have no Hope and no Cash.
      God grant me the serenity to accept what I cannot change, strength to change what I cannot accept, and wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off!:-)

Comment

image.jpg

This beauty could be mine

Comment

$600 for that! I wouldn't hesitate. I would be driving it home.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

+1, looks very good esp. for $600.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Nice find! Welcome back.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It's coming home. I'll be on my way shortly to get things notorized. It's feels funny driving the automatic. On the test drive I kept trying to clutch and shift. I'm sure I'll suffer my way through it.

Comment

You can still shift them, but that clutch gets you in trouble, haha. I used to shift my auto almost every time I drove it because I didn't like the shift points in D.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Check out this video. Is this normal for the drivers side rack?

Comment

That makes trailer towing interesting!
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Nope time for a new rack.

Comment

I've searched a little bit here, what is a good source for a new rack?

Comment

the neighborhood bar is usually a good place to find a good rack
                            88 L carb'ed (when up in flames of glory)(deceased) 4spd
                            89 L carb'ed (died on the operating table (rust))(deceased) 5spd
                            93 gl FI (sold) automagical
                            89 lx FI megasquirted "luna" b6D+t (186hp 209ftlbs)
                            88 L carbFI megasquirted zombie car

Comment

In the past guys have rebuilt the rack. You can add a bushing to the inside of the housing. Also there is new reman racks available. I'm sure someone will pipe up with a buying source to purchase 1 but they aren't cheap. But what's your safety worth.
                              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Working...
                              X