festiva motorsports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva motorsports

is there a thread on what happened to fms? was it a member? I am curious about why it folded? I probably already know but I need closure lol.

Could someone please give me the basic steps on how to start a new post.I need to find out what vac advance carby owners are using but can't figure out how to post.Thanks
    30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

go to forum at the top and then click where ever you think it should go. after that the top left under the home button click post new thread or post.

Comment

Well just ask yourself if you could make a living selling festiva parts.... I'm sure roger of FMS asked himself the same thing and simply gave up

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

that's it he couldn't do it on the side? well this sucks

Comment

FMS has been done for a while now, I don't know the actual reason for it folding, but my guess is that he wasn't making money and lost interest

But nonamekid started up an FMS replacement.... The festiva store..... Check it out

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I have but reacently I cant find it do you have the link I looked it up on bing no luck

Comment

Originally posted by jaketlong11 View Post
                I have but reacently I cant find it do you have the link I looked it up on bing no luck
                Here's his Facebook page
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

That FB page isn't for the same person that owned FMS?

Comment

Originally posted by jbibb1 View Post
                    That FB page isn't for the same person that owned FMS?
                    No

FMS is long gone

Comment

do they still have any of the tooling, designs or molds?

Comment

I doubt it, he closed up shop somewhere around 4 years ago from what I know. Possibly even longer
                        91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                        Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                        Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Originally posted by jaketlong11 View Post
                          do they still have any of the tooling, designs or molds?
                          FMS sold all of the molds for all the fiberglass parts. He also clearanced out his inventory and got rid of everything he had.

Demand is weak for festiva parts. Most owners buy them to save money, not to turn them into race cars or show cars.
                          The Festiva Store
                          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

FMS stopped producing parts in 2001, tried for years to sell the molds.

They finally sold in 2007. A member here (who can speak up at his own will) has all the molds including the hatch.

I am currently making side skirts, and front bumpers.

I've seen the market, every body wants, until it's time to spend $.

I totally agree with Ben, most (90%) buy these cars because they are inexpensive and get great mileage.
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I was going to buy a set but then realized I have to rebuild my rear end and my car doesn't have the same body as any other 2 door anymore. and my car is a rust bucket after I get a rust free car I will be buying a kit off of someone.

Comment

Working...
                              X