largest tire/rim stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• largest tire/rim stock?

What size tire can i go up to on a stock auto setup? The car is getting new paint, tint, and exhaust reworked to make it a more enjoyable longer traveling car. Im looking to spice up the wheel and tire area without doing the brake swap. Looking for 13, 14, or 15" rims and tires to match. Can you guys give me some info?
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Check out this thread:

where I mounted 15"x6" rims on a stock everything else.
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

thirdman do you have any pictures of the car from a side view? Thanks for the info man. Tha was what i was looking for.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I posted on your topic. Can you please answer the last few questions a guy there asked?
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Also 15x6 wheels with around a 38mm offset and 165/50-15 tires will directly replace the stock 12" wheels/tires with no body mods, no change in Speedo calibration and no need for a suspension or brake upgrade. The tires are so much better than the 12" tires though, that you'll swear you upgraded everything. Even the braking is improved. 165/45-15 tires work good too, but have become less available in the last few months.
          Here are some photos of my bone stock 93 automatic with 15x6 Mitsubishi Lancer wheels and 165/45-15 federal formoza tires that I purchased off eBay.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
            thirdman do you have any pictures of the car from a side view? Thanks for the info man. Tha was what i was looking for.
            There are some various pictures in the first post to my thread.
            Thirdman
            1992 White Festiva L - original owner
            1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

I have found a set of 14" wheels with 185 65 14 on them. Should i pick up some spacers as well?
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Those are BIG for a Festiva. I would guess you'll need spacers at least in the rear.
                Last edited by sketchman; 08-05-2015, 08:49 AM.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

They are only 40$ tho. Also i have found a set of the same wheels as in the picture above for 60$ rims only. I might get both sets. make the 14 snow tires and the 15" summer tires.
                  1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    Also 15x6 wheels with around a 38mm offset and 165/50-15 tires will directly replace the stock 12" wheels/tires with no body mods, no change in Speedo calibration and no need for a suspension or brake upgrade. The tires are so much better than the 12" tires though, that you'll swear you upgraded everything. Even the braking is improved. 165/45-15 tires work good too, but have become less available in the last few months.
                    Here are some photos of my bone stock 93 automatic with 15x6 Mitsubishi Lancer wheels and 165/45-15 federal formoza tires that I purchased off eBay.

Do you have any spacers or anything? Do they rub? I have found this same set of rims and will put some 165 50 on them.
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

The problem is the tires. If you don't have a low enough offset, or your tires don't have a short enough sidewall, you might end up rubbing the spring perch or not fitting at all without spacers. The rear is especially bad for this.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                        Do you have any spacers or anything? Do they rub? I have found this same set of rims and will put some 165 50 on them.
                        As I recall I had 5mm spacers on the rear, but the car would look better with 10mm all around. The Lancer O.Z. wheels are 46mm offset iirc and that's too much, so a 10mm spacer brings the wheel back to the 36mm offset that is ideal for these cars. I never had any rubbing issues with this setup, as these tires are slightly smaller than the 155/80-12 tires.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                        X