ARP Studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARP Studs

Around 1997 I bought these studs from ARP. I was told they had a market with people that were racing Festivas. There were 2 lengths available, neither of which matched the stock head. The longer studs had threads which would not reach head. The shorter ones did not have enough thread to put the nuts and washers on. I made the short ones work by putting a set screw in the bottom of each hole. My question is, what heads were being used on the block? Anybody know anything about this??
    Attached Files
    When I'm good I'm very, very good and when I'm bad I'm HORRID.

Could they have been possibly running copper head gaskets to use the longer studs?
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I've forgotten the exact length of the studs now. I'm thinking, maybe, the bottom thread was on the order of 1/4 inch too high. What I'm wondering is what other heads could be used on the block.

Comment

I'm under the impression that Miata studs work fine; just need to use two washers per stud.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I am fairly sure I used the Miata head stud kit for my B3. Not entirely sure though. Its been a while since I built it.

Comment

Yeah, but I dont think he want's to lose out on the ARP head studs since
            they're pretty expensive and excellent quality.
            1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

This is about cylinder heads not the studs. I managed to make these studs work years back even though they're too short - well over 50K mi even with the way I put them in. What I was trying to find out is: what different heads were being used by the racing crowd that fit on the Festiva block because both available stud sizes did not fit the stock head. I would like to know if there are other heads that could be used on the B3. Now I'm thinking the answer is that they were using the other engines, not the B3 with different heads installed. Are the head bolts a different length on the B6 engines?

Comment

Working...
              X