Need help diagnosing engine noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help diagnosing engine noise

Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Any advice as to what this noise is would be greatly appreciated. It just started several days ago.

Thanks in advance guys.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Hydraulic lash adjsters.
    Is your oil topped off?
    If your coming do for an oil change add half a quart of atf run it for a bit and do an oil change.
    That or seafoam I have had luck with both.
    if that doesn't quite it down you may need to replace them. Or remove them to clean them.
    You can figure out which ones and bad by pulling the valve cover and pushing on the rocker arms the ones that move and the "bad ones" if they get dirty they won't stay pumped up.

Comment

It does have oil, but I am due for an oil change and planned on doing one this weekend. I'll try the ATF as I have some at the house.

Is it safe for me to drive around? Its my only vehicle, but I don't want to do any severe damage.
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

Comment

I wouldn't drive it long like that. Just get any oil change asap and you should be good.

Comment

Forgot to update this thread. I performed the oil change with the additive and the noise went away almost immediately. I ran the car with the ATF for a bit before the oil change as well.

Comment

Is there any threads on here on how to change the HLA's?
            Is it a difficult job?
            1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

Working...
            X