"Whose little green Ford Fiesta"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Whose little green Ford Fiesta"

I had to do my annual MSHA refresher today. In a classroom with about 30 guys, the first thing the teacher asks is, "Whose little green Ford Fiesta is that?" At first I thought, oh I left my lights on again, but remembered I installed the chime and answered, "That's mine", sort of in the form of a question. He then asks "Which model is that?" I said "Festiva" and then remembered in the south when someone asks you what model, they mean what year, so I said "93". He said you don't see those anymore and then asked how much MPG does it get. I said close to 40 and then half the class sort of gasped. I thought it was funny since there were trucks in the parking lot that guys probably spent more on one wheel and tire then I did on my whole car.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

:-) Let them know that cruising at 45 MPH I once got 62 MPG. Hypermiling in the city, 50 MPG.
    Last edited by TominMO; 08-27-2015, 09:04 PM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Nice!
      Only 40mpg though? Thats what i get in the winter! 45avg summer and 52.2 best ever if your talking US mpg.
      These cars are awesome
      I have kept track of every penny i spent on the car including tools (a lot of tools) every headlight bulb, fuse, oil change, bodywork after accidents, buying it, replacing motor... Still under $10grand after more than 8 years and 208,000km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X