Spare tranny?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tranny?

Should I pull a spare tranny off a seized engine festiva at a local salvage lot? I figured it would be good to have a spare also if I don't find a need for it I could always sell it. It is a 5 speed and I think the car is a 93. The linkages I will pull too if I pull the tranny bec they are better than the ones I currently have. I think I can get it cheap because the yard sold me parts for this car for cheap already. Should I pull the tranny?
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

I say yes, pull it if you have somewhere to store it. Then transmissions in these cars are getting more rare. I have been searching for a 5speed E series box for two months... Locally there are none to be had....

Comment

I would pull it if you have space for it. It's always good to have a spare.

Also, any chance you could pull the ebrake cable for me?
      Last edited by Flw Sock; 09-02-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

sure yeah I will look into it. A bit hard because the car is on the ground with no wheels, but I will see what i can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
          sure yeah I will look into it. A bit hard because the car is on the ground with no wheels, but I will see what i can do.
          Is there room to roll the car on it's side? (after you finish disconecting what's required from on top).

Comment

I'll buy it from you if you don't need it. I need a 5 speed. I'm using a borrowed one now.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              Is there room to roll the car on it's side? (after you finish disconnecting what's required from on top).
              No there is not but there may be a way one is in the middle of the lot and they use a loader to lift the vehicles. one is an auto and it is on the side so that one i could get the guy with the loader to lift the manual one I want the tranny from is in the middle surrounded by vehicles, but the manual has the most taken out of so it would be lightest. Next time I go there I will see if I can pull it.

Comment

I have a spare 5 speed, don't know what series it is though. How do I tell?

Comment

If it's from a festiva it's an e.

Comment

Working...
                  X