Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1900 lbs., 552 RWHP and 50 state emissions legal. Place your bid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1900 lbs., 552 RWHP and 50 state emissions legal. Place your bid.

Bid for the chance to own a Pikes Peak Winning 2014 Palatov D2RS at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #531.
    Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

It probably go for around 60 - 75k but it would be worth it in grins.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

It's wrong wheel drive. Lol
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        It's wrong wheel drive. Lol
        Charlie, do you have any Pikes Peak experience, even just as a spectator? Given that it's uphill, I could see where rear/mid-engine is an advantage. Like a mid-engine aluminum small-block Festy......we demand you build one for this race, then go win it. Then tell them you have a total of $3k into the car. Don't forget the fuzzy dice.
        Last edited by TominMO; 09-04-2015, 01:06 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yes, I've been to the clouds and back, back when the entire coarse was gravel. FWD is not only better, but a Forward weight bias is also beneficial. Audi had great success at Pike's peak with forward weight bias.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-04-2015, 04:57 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I feel that the big reason we haven't seen more FWD success is because more time and money are spent dialing in other platforms. Also, when time and money are spent on FWD cars, it seems to be directed at making the Front driven platform behave like a rwd arrangement.
            My theory is that when the FWD platform is optimized and used in accordance with it's strengths, it will out perform any other setup.
            Now somebody please post that meme with the kid on the big wheel.

Comment

FWIW, one of our World Challenge drivers won her class at Pikes Peak in a Mini Cooper S, at age 16, so there.
              No car too fast !

Comment

There must be something about young female drivers in German cars rocketing up that hill. Lol

Comment

Vassos here in Milwaukee built a 900HP NSX for the Climb. Dont know how the Driver did though.
                  Last edited by nitrofarm; 09-11-2015, 09:05 AM.
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I could give them a Pawn Stars offer
                    1993 Festiva - White/Black - 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                    X