Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWITCH PASSENGERS SEAT TO DRIVERS SIDE. ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWITCH PASSENGERS SEAT TO DRIVERS SIDE. ??

I have 3 Festi's right now. The drivers seats are always the ones that fall apart first.
    I am wanting to switch a good passenger seat into another cars drivers position.
    At first glance, it looks real easy to pull a seat, but the question is .....

Can the actual padded seat be removed from driver and passenger track assemblies?
    The tracks are specifically right and left and trying to stick my head under there shows no obvious way to part them.

Thanks for your input.
    Never buy a car you can't push!
    1988 Silver / 1989 Black / 1992 white / 1993 white

Festiva seats are handed since the rivetted adjuster handles are located on the side.
    You need a seat with the bail bar located in the center. I believe any decent narrow seat could be installed with a little welding and rivetting. I have seen some nice Volkswagen seats. I just noticed, those Passat seats are not to far from where I work.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-06-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Can you just switch the pass. seat cushion, and the pass. back cover onto the driver back? You would need to cut a little hole on the side of the back for the inboard mount.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks, guess I'll yank a seat out and see what it takes.
        I'm on a tight budget for ..... oh .... the rest of my life!
        Never buy a car you can't push!
        1988 Silver / 1989 Black / 1992 white / 1993 white

Comment

Working...
        X