Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front grill exchange.. Let's make conclusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front grill exchange.. Let's make conclusion.

Hi~~ 25horseplay, YpsiBob, Hot_Wheels

You guys want to get Korean pride style front grill.
    To make sure everything clear, read this message carefully and tell me your opinion.

What I know about your desire are
    - 25horseplay : you want mutual direct exchange.
    - YpsiBob : you want 2 front grill set. 1 for you and 1 for your mate.
    - Hot_Wheels : any you want Korean style and head lamp.

What I can definitely say are.
    - Pride front grill and front light are different,
    - nobody knows about corner light compatibility.
    - Pride round style front lights are made of plastic. so it can look like fogged. such as old aspire front light.
    - So If I can get used pride front light, I cannot guarantee its quality.
    - Never used round style front lights are available in Kia part office (36+36 USD)
    - Never used front grill is not available. I have to pick up at junk yards.
    - Koreans don't want to US version head light. because, Old pride's front light were almost same as US's. and they are still available in Kia part office. However, No Korean knows its compatibility.
    - I needs some aspire parts from YasiBob.
    - We Korean side, there 3 man include me want to this trade.
    - We have to check it out compatibility of one more part. (refer below pics)

Korean Questions
    - is US festiva front light made with glass ?
    - is that clear corner lens ? (refer pic of Korea Pride)

Things to be decided
    - what you guys want between used parts and never used parts.
    - do I have to send what you want on this shipment ?
    - price of used parts on both side.
    - Do we need test exchange ?

Please let talk about this issue and hope to make our conclusion quickly.

and 3 Korean want this style front grill.

Korean Pride front lamp and side corner lamp.

I found old kia pride pic on video. it will help us.
    My Mustang aspires to success.

Our headlights are glass, as for the corner lights ours are plastic (not sure about fit). The clear corner light hat is referred to is the one on the outside edge of the headlight that wraps into the fender. The part you have outlined in yellow might be thicker than the US one, can you measure it's width between bumper and headlight?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

it does not look like it will all fit to me, i guess i dont want the grills. i will still send you the aspire parts that you want.
      AIM= bobbo216

Comment

i believe if u were to get headlights, grill and the filler strip it would work

Comment

I dunno guys, I've been checking this stuff out for awhile now.. the all in one kit that FMS sells is a complete retrofit, whereas the Pride front end is different.

Bear with me on this..

The Pride fender cut is in relation to Pride corner lamps which are in relation to Pride headlamps which are in relation to the Pride grille... Festivas are cut different from the Pride. so I would think you guys would be swapping fenders as well..

Comment

somebody on here said that the 4 door where diff on the corner lights i could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by ramichael
              somebody on here said that the 4 door where diff on the corner lights i could be wrong
              That is what I thought, but I was told by Roger at FMS that the 4 dr and 2 dr had the same cut..

Comment

from the photo's i have seen i cant tell any diff.

Comment

even with the corner lights being different, the headlights seem to line up with the edge of the hod like a Festiva. I wonder if you just changed everything in between the corner lights if it would work?
                  Brian
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                  :fish:

Comment

To check it out...

My idea is...

1. Get old parts of head light/corner lens/front grill at junk yard in Korea and US.
                    2. I send them to a specific person thru under cooperation of 69shelby.
                    3. someone in US send them to 69shelby so that 69shelby can send me.
                    4. cross check each other.

It's the best way just for checking.

But it may bring other problem such as cost and time.
                    especially, on cost issue, buying things are also included and extra shipping. I think the cost should be shared by people who are get involved in this small exchange (not whole exchange).

and then who can be the test pilot ?

But it's just my thinking.

If you guys all agree about that, I will do it.
                    Unless we have to make other conclusion.

let me know other opinion.

Comment

i have a front grill i can send it has a few cracks but for mock up to see if it will fit the pride it is good. and i will start collecting festiva front parts for nato i ran out of money today i bought a intake for my b6t and a head light harness but i saw 3 festivas with good front ends. 69shelby pm me your address or if you ever come close to IL i can meet up with you i know your in Michigan im about 3-4 hours away.

Rick

Comment

sounds good, i can get some festiva front ends also.
                        AIM= bobbo216

Comment

for sure the front corners from a 4 door pride wont fit. keep that in mind when you visit the junk yards there.

i have a pair of corners from a 4dr pride and they dont fit :cry:
                          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

To whom I and 69shelby have to send the grill for testing

As I mentioned before, I will try to send the testing parts.

To whom I and 69shelby have to send the grill for testing ?

and then
                            Do we reach the conclusion ?

25Horseplay, Hot_Wheels, YpsiBob, ramichael.
                            Please reply me.

I also wonder how many festiva grill can be obtained from junk yard.

Comment

Who ever wants to be the testing person will be fine with me ,i am very interested to see if these parts will work.

Comment

Working...
                              X