Power steering question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering question

I'm putting the engine bay of the 91 I just got back together and I cannot seem to find how to attach the power steering pump. Is there a special bracket that's supposed to attach it to the engine?
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Yes, there must be some pictures on the forum somewhere!
    No car too fast !

Comment

http://koreacat.ru/kia/parts/GEXK0309/194270/324011/? This page shows the bracket, #15. Run the page in Chrome with translation on. Fourgreen lists it in stock for $17.14 plus shipping, of course. Unfortunately, the fourgreen listing doesn't have a pic, but you can get an idea of what it looks like from the drawing.
      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
      "Wenona"-89L parts car
      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Sweet just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info.
        1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
        2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

Comment

The long bolt on the bracket slide serves as a belt tensioner for the A/C and P/S systems.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 09-18-2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

So if I decided not to use the P/S, how would I provide enough tension on the A/C system? Are both the P/S and A/C systems reliant on that singular bolt for tension?

Comment

There is a different tensioner for A/C only.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 09-18-2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
                So if I decided not to use the P/S, how would I provide enough tension on the A/C system? Are both the P/S and A/C systems reliant on that singular bolt for tension?
                See the third pic in post #45 of this thread. Bear in mind that there are two different pulleys, one for factory and one for dealer-installed A/C. Also, there are different thicknesses of the long vertical adjusting bolt, and therefore the threading of the piece that holds the pulley on. So if you go JYing to find parts, try to get all the same parts from the same car, or at least match the pieces up to see if they play well together. Any A/C bracket from a B3 or B6/B6D will bolt to the block. The A/C bracket I used on the 323 came from an Aspire.

I would definitely urge you to delete the P/S.
                Last edited by TominMO; 09-18-2015, 09:13 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X