Was Wondering about ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Wondering about ????

Have been wondering if anyone has done or looked at doing an auto-open/close
    set up on the side quarter windows-glass, looking for away to open and close them
    from inside the car without having to get out and open the back hatch to pop them
    out. would take some suggestions on the subject, I have a few ideals on it but still
    working it thru and trying to fine the right parts to get it done.

Thank you

WTH

92 GL was red automatic Ms Va., now Zinc Yellow

Vacuum operated solenoids? I don't know if they would have the strength.

Comment

I guess electric would be easier to run the wires. But really have no idea what kind of setup would work best. Cool idea though! Hope you figure something out.

Comment

That was discussed once before. Someone has already did it in 2011 with a couple of gear motors from eBay. Just search for "power wing".
        Last edited by bravekozak; 09-28-2015, 09:23 PM.

Comment

My 98 Windstar had power rear windows. Not sure how small the motors are, but that may be a good place to start
          Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

You can easily open/close the driver's side rear window by reclining the driver's seat and reaching back.
            Last edited by TominMO; 09-29-2015, 07:08 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              You can easily open/close the driver's side rear window by reclining the driver's seat and reaching back.
              Don't try this while driving.
              1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                Now he tells me......
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                  I have; it still works. Just gotta be careful, i.e. no traffic & still pay attention to the road.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                  X