LX hauling lumber!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX hauling lumber!

The LX is a super "half pickup truck." Today, I hauled 28 twelve-foot 2x4s home from Home Depot, where I parked in a "Pro" space and got some dirty looks initially, followed by smiles when they say how much a Festy can haul. See photos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 10-06-2015, 09:44 PM.
    88L black, dailydriver
    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
    4 88/89 disassembled
    91L green
    91GL aqua pwrsteer
    92GL red a/c reardmg
    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Nice! :-)
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

LX hauling lumber!

How do you like the smell of the exhaust? Lol. Thats the only issue i have with doing that. Its a 40 min drive for me from home depo home and it starts to get to me after a bit :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by ryanprins13; 10-06-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Amazing they had wood that straight!! Needs a contractor rack adaption that doubles as a safari rack on weekends!
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post

How do you like the smell of the exhaust? Lol. Thats the only issue i have with doing that. Its a 40 min drive for me from home depo home and it starts to get to me after a bit :p
          I think if you open the front windows, the air will flow from front to rear. But I've never tried it.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
            Needs a contractor rack adaption that doubles as a safari rack on weekends!
            Wow, interesting thought. If the rack extended from the front bumper to the rear bumper, you could do a lightweight roof tent setup. I like that better than putting stuff up top, because it makes the car top-heavy when driving. And keeping your gear in the car is more protective anyway. Since you wouldn't be having a camp fire in the car while sleeping, it doesn't matter all that much, temp-wise, whether you are in the car or in a tent on top.

But for me, the overall best option would be a small utility trailer for extra gear, if needed; and sleep in the car with whatever gear would fit in there. I'd love to go on a long road trip, sleeping in the car, showering at friends' houses or campgrounds along the way!
            Last edited by TominMO; 10-06-2015, 10:52 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              I think if you open the front windows, the air will flow from front to rear. But I've never tried it.
              I did for a bit, cant remember if it helped, but it was cold and my exhaust is quite loud with the hatch open and the extra wind noise with the window open was getting annoying too so i closed it. But when i haul stuff when its warm next ill try it. I usually try to stick to 8ft lengths because they fit in the car nice
              And yes, that looks like very straight wood for home depo! How long did it take you to pick that out? Lol.

Comment

Haha... Been there and done that! These little cars are deceptive for what they can haul...
                - Form should follow function...

Comment

Where's that pic of the guy with the full-size sofa sticking out the back of his Festy?

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Bumper-to-bumper contractor rack? No problem ... got that ... see photos.

As far as inhaling the exhaust, it's still summer here in the Northwest with daytime highs around 70F, so I did the 10-minute drive with the windows open.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 10-07-2015, 06:56 AM.
                    88L black, dailydriver
                    88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                    4 88/89 disassembled
                    91L green
                    91GL aqua pwrsteer
                    92GL red a/c reardmg
                    3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                    1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I have a collection of pics of Festies towing, hauling, etc. called "working festies". All 5 of your pics are there now.
                      "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                      "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                      "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                      "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                      "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                      "Wenona"-89L parts car
                      "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                        Bumper-to-bumper contractor rack? No problem ... got that ... see photos.

As far as inhaling the exhaust, it's still summer here in the Northwest with daytime highs around 70F, so I did the 10-minute drive with the windows open.
                        It'd be more impressive with the Cessna on top.............. and air under the Festy. 8D
                        1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                        1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                        1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                        1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                        2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                        2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                        2005 Accord - wife's DD
                        2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                        2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
                          I have a collection of pics of Festies towing, hauling, etc. called "working festies". All 5 of your pics are there now.
                          Is that a thread on here or just an album you have at home?

Comment

Well done good sir
                            sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                              Is that a thread on here or just an album you have at home?

It's just a collection on my PC
                              "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
                              "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
                              "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
                              "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
                              "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
                              "Wenona"-89L parts car
                              "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Working...
                              X