Car Club (just an idea)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Club (just an idea)

Just an idea guys getting some feeler for this. We all help each other out and love our cars. I thought maybe we start a club. But no dues no voting in you got a car your in. Basically what we already have lol. But we make it official with some sort of club decals. I see alot of guys wanting the ff.con one I for one do to. If someone could draw something out I can't draw at all. Then I could go see how much to.make them unless someone can make decals on here cut out the middle man. I don't know just seem fun. I'm on. A forum with my truck and we in a club as well it's a blast. Coal rollers of North Carolina. (Diesel club). Anyway this is just an idea say no go won't hurt my feelings lol
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

There is already big festiva car meet ups that people travel thousands of miles for.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I know that. It's was just an idea. I love my truck club. So figure I throw idea around a bit. But all good.
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.

Comment

And the "club" is really this forum IMHO.

Bobbyspider can make decals. Though last I PMed him about some things he's pretty booked up with wrapping semis IIRC.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

No big deal I was only curious. I was wondering cause here theyou have 10-15 car shows a year but to enter it's got to be a legit name not a website. But anywho it's all good.

Comment

You have to be a member of a car club to enter a show? That seems weird to me, but then I've never been to a car show.
            Last edited by sketchman; 10-07-2015, 03:56 PM.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

It's just the few we have locally. I been to plenty you don't have to be. Other clubs put them on we all kinda help each other out.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                You have to be a member of a car club to enter a show? That seems weird to me, but then I've never been to a car show.
                I belong to the Lincoln Continental Owners Club and have a Lincoln that we have shown. I know there are folks there showing their cars that do NOT belong to the club. Only club members are eligible to win awards and trophies but as long as you have a Lincoln you can show it. Just my $0.02 worth.

Comment

Originally posted by 90fastiva View Post
                  I'm on. A forum with my truck and we in a club as well it's a blast. Coal rollers of North Carolina. (Diesel club).
                  Lol, i was reading too fast and read 'coal rollers of california' and was like what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Probably get locked up out there doing that. Lol

Comment

So I still don't really understand. Why can't you just say you belong to the Ford Festiva Owners Club, which you kinda do, and get in? What makes it "legit" or not?

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Food Lion Auto Fair is 2 times a year and it's one helof a show and auction.

it's where REAL collector cars and hot rods can be found.

I always thought that having madness on the same weekend would be a blast.
                        a group of guys could enter cars and the rest of us could go in a pack.

I think it's a mile and 1/2 track and it usually has for sale cars all the way
                        around it side by side with 2 rows.
                        whole infield has vendors and 10 acres of vendors outside the track.

the fall show was 3-4 weeks ago. definatly the best show in the SE.

you guys should try a change of scenery for madness, like western NC
                        so you could do a mountain run on the way to the car show sat.
                        admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                          So I still don't really understand. Why can't you just say you belong to the Ford Festiva Owners Club, which you kinda do, and get in? What makes it "legit" or not?
                          when I was in the Datsun Z club in the 80's we got on a national registry of car clubs.
                          to be santioned (which WAS easy at the time) you had to meet certain criteria. I think
                          all we needed was a charter, certain # of members, etc. dues only came into play
                          for basic operations such as the newsletter, and long distance calls, none of which
                          would matter today due to the internet and cell phones.

we actually had about 30 members and the prez would go to dealers and parts houses
                          and get us discounts on parts and service when we showed our card. usually got 10% off
                          anything.
                          admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Out here we have to be a member of a club with current corporation papers. Reason..a corporation cannot sue itself, meaning a club member cannot sue the club doing club activities such as poker runs, raffles, and play days. The other reason is real clubs carry insurance to cover liability and a token useful coverage. Also you have to be a real club to handle more than 10,000 dollars, to partner with the government in projects, to maintain club sponsored government owned property and to apply for recreational grants.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Hmm. OK.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X