Toyota Kikai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Kikai

Ugly on the outside with lots of room for one person on the inside!

I want it.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Yah thats pretty awesome.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

I LIKE it !
        I'd drive/own one. (If I could afford it)
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I still say it looks ugly. Non even the white sidewalls would help.
          It even looks ugly from behind.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 10-10-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Not bad, I've seen uglier cars. It's definitely interesting. I'd like to test drive one.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Probably every college student who has owned and loved a Honda Ruckus scooter will run right out and buy one of these little Toyotas. It's the same type of utilitarian styling that kinda grows on you.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                Probably every college student who has owned and loved a Honda Ruckus scooter will run right out and buy one of these little Toyotas. It's the same type of utilitarian styling that kinda grows on you.
                Wow, thanks a lot. I just Googled that. One more weird thing I need.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I like it too; has kinda a techno rat-rod look. This one is nice too!
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I think I'd like that in silver, but the neon green is a bit too flashy for that shape in my opinion.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      I think I'd like that in silver, but the neon green is a bit too flashy for that shape in my opinion.
                      Agreed. I'm a fan of Gunmetal Grey, as in the original J. Bond Aston Martin DB5. A-M calls the color Silver Birch.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 10-10-2015, 11:11 PM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ahh, yes. The little Toyota does have a hint of Martini, shaken of coarse.

Comment

I've been writing about a single wide car for years. Could be smaller even than this, with a jumpseat for a passenger or cargo behind a centered drivers seat.
                          My own belief is that the oil companies completely acquired ALL automobile manufacturing control about the turn of the Millenium- so all kinds of alternative power and transport have ben slow to come from them, as they rake in profits from their own commodity of control.

And I've wondered for years why they simply havent enclosed some car/ scooter/ motorcycle hybrid with a cover and put in some sort of heater.
                          The answer seems to be that they cling to excuse to make motoring an EXPENSIVE proposition all of the time, and they undoubtedly have some internal corporate babble about driving the labor to deliver the larger fruits of production, along with the need to still charge exorbitant insurance rates even for vehicles then with less chance of doing substantial damage, or costing a great deal to begin with.

I'd like to see the car shorther and more narrow than say our Festys or a Metro with a 1 liter or so motor, but also a small electric for lower speeds, that can be recharged between drives. I'd put some wheels of about 125 80R 14 very light alloy on it to weigh little and roll easily and keep the overall car very light. Heating could be both motor cool and electric powered, and a smaller cab would make better use of the smaller heat put off from a smaller motor.

Metro areas could convert two freeway lanes to three or so just for commuters in single seaters and the cars would be easier to manipulate in dense urban zones as well, and take up les space in their own designated spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
                            I've been writing about a single wide car for years. Could be smaller even than this, with a jumpseat for a passenger or cargo behind a centered drivers seat.
                            My own belief is that the oil companies completely acquired ALL automobile manufacturing control about the turn of the Millenium- so all kinds of alternative power and transport have ben slow to come from them, as they rake in profits from their own commodity of control.

And I've wondered for years why they simply havent enclosed some car/ scooter/ motorcycle hybrid with a cover and put in some sort of heater.
                            The answer seems to be that they cling to excuse to make motoring an EXPENSIVE proposition all of the time, and they undoubtedly have some internal corporate babble about driving the labor to deliver the larger fruits of production, along with the need to still charge exorbitant insurance rates even for vehicles then with less chance of doing substantial damage, or costing a great deal to begin with.

I'd like to see the car shorther and more narrow than say our Festys or a Metro with a 1 liter or so motor, but also a small electric for lower speeds, that can be recharged between drives. I'd put some wheels of about 125 80R 14 very light alloy on it to weigh little and roll easily and keep the overall car very light. Heating could be both motor cool and electric powered, and a smaller cab would make better use of the smaller heat put off from a smaller motor.

Metro areas could convert two freeway lanes to three or so just for commuters in single seaters and the cars would be easier to manipulate in dense urban zones as well, and take up les space in their own designated spaces.
                            Long time ago..
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Was thinking something a little more conventional- a single wide smart car or the like- People won't buy something extremely low to the ground yet, but if traffic size diminishes in height, then it's all relative. I don't think fewer than four wheels would break any market ice either, but better two on the front than one. Not fond of those extended wheels on the autocycles, but the problem is keeping a solid square wheelbase for stability and being able to use tires not terribly wide.
                              I researched a bit after my comment and I see the Smart Car has basically a 1 liter motor so maybe something with a couple of cylinders and a 750 cc displacement- that kind of power makes a motorbike a rocket ship otherwise- I like the attention to aero here- most cars lately have something conspicuously added onto the air flow that's usually catching another square foot.

the autocycle does 130 mph (!) but it gets only 50 to 55 mpg- not very good really, sounds like it's geared wrong for mileage. They don't mention the weight, or did I miss that?
                              Last edited by harpon; 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X