Greeting new friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeting new friends!

I am pleased to announce after a LONG summer of work to my 93 as of last night she is road ready! Never joined a forum of any kind, until today my primary goal before winter snow sets in is to have some new tires. Not only would I like to make some new friends here I am also looking forward to any and all tips from fellow owners.

Welcome! We are all relatively creative and helpful

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks hearts! Super curious if anyone has any tips on what the most cost effective way to go with new rubber. A fellow motor head friend of mine told me to get slightly bigger rims for better fuel consumption. Mostly I am having trouble finding anything but Cooper tires and the price seems a bit much was hoping you guys could help me out. The rims on her now are paint chipped and dinged up, and I wouldn't mind swapping if it's fesable price wise.

Comment

Well is your car a stock daily driver or did you swap a different motor in or something? That plays a big part in what kinda tires you want. I think winter tires are a must for snow and i just spend whatever it takes to get good ones. I dont know how much snow you get though.
        For summer tires what i would do is make a list of a bunch of sizes that will work and go to your local wrecker, preferably a pick it yourself one. See what size they have the most of that are already balanced on rims. For my 12inch tires its $20 balanced on a rim- sometimes even full tread. Cant beat that for cost effective.
        I tried 13in snow tires and they were terrible-no power and no traction so i went back to 12in. Most members here have no problem though, so i dont know why i had an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hi
          i dont know if NANKANG tyres are available stateside , but their cheap & good

Comment

Get 13" rims buy Walmart xtratrak tires. 37 bucks a piece brand new, and get great all weather traction.

Comment

Thanks guys! A 'll I have yet to actually put her on a paved road as of yet lol just finished months of overhauling last night brought everything to stock specs and don't. I am basically shaking in anticaption for my other half to get home from work so I can road test her I have seen some winters in Michigan that got pretty crazy not to toot my own horn but I have adapted to driving these snow covered roads pretty well I had one set of snow tires and they were freakn AWESOME but I can't bring myself to spend that kind of dough. I don't drive much mainly looking to save where I can. Thank you for the junk yard tip that's a big 10-4 just found the list in the brakes and tires thread gonna start doing some calling!

Comment

Wow 14! 37 bucks for new rubber? That's awesome! Any suggestion on the rims?

Comment

Lol just did a re-read, sorry for all the typos like I said, so excited to get this beast on the road today!

Comment

Looking forward to hearing how she runs. 13" wheels are nice. Several sizes work well. I prefer 155 60 13 tires. Very close to stock size, but easier to find than 12" tires and typically they are a better constructed tire.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Theheff85 View Post
                      Wow 14! 37 bucks for new rubber? That's awesome! Any suggestion on the rims?
                      The most common inexpensive route is Geo Metro 13" rims. Early Metros had 12", so make sure you get 13s. I found four in a JY once, with brand new balanced tires! Cost me $64 total.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Ran great guys! These little things actually have some go thru 4th gear! A couple issues however, I am hoping with the new shoes this noise will go away but there is a humming coming from the back not sure if it is bearings because in neutral it rolls very free, also has new shocks. Any sugestions?

Comment

Probably a wheel bearing they will sound like the Humm of mud tires. Before they get real bad and start grinding.

Comment

To fit em I just got rims off an aspire. My grey festiva has an aspire suspension swap. First thing anyone should do to their festiva IMHO.

Comment

Welcome Heff! There is some much knowledge floating around in this forum... I've learned so much stuff just spending hours and days reading old post's. Good Luck welcomsign
                              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                              sigpic
                              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                              X