Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECU swap from a 91 to a 90 ??

Hey Yall !!!
    Couple days ago the alternator went kaput on Amy & shes been parked in a friendly spot for the moment... but i need to make a move. Found a turquoise 90 festiva for sale nearby for 350 thats been seated since July-ish & she thinks the ECU is whats dead on it... claims that compression is good & that the ECU is broken or something causing it to shut down near after it turns over... So our suspiscion is that the computer from Amy, the 91, would work in her 90 to get it running. Does that seem like it could work ???

I think its an easy enough part to take out & that i can do it ... so if it would work id pull it. Just concerned that if it doesnt work that like it wouldnt work going back into its original car. Besides the alternator, Amys got minor frame damage in the front end , a bent crankshaft , slack brakes , & myriad oil leaks ... seems like it needs a LOT more repairs than this other festy does , but im concerned that it wont work & ill be left with a festy shaped dumpster that i cant store ..

Otherwise i could drop a new alternator in and keep her ljmping along for another however long ...

Any advice is appreciated ~ j *

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I have swapped ecu s around from car to car 90-93 without issue.

Comment

It will work. If it doesn't fix the problem, the problem is not the ECU. The ecu can be pulled fairly easy, though the space is tight.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
      X