Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your car, and tire and wheel sizes

Just curious as to what people are running so taking a little straw poll-

What is your car/ cars (Festys and Aspires preferred)

And what is your wheel and tire combo?

If you know only some info now- put that down- i.e.- stock wheels or custom?

12" 13" 14" etc- and RIM WIDTH- also if you use any spacers- concentric? lateral;?

and as much tire info as you know offhand- (you really SHOULD know this, so feel free to put what you know and check later and re-edit r add on.

I'll start-

I have a 91 Festiva with stock steel rims 4.5 x 12
    and the tires are 155 70 12

also a '96 Aspire with stock wheels- 4.5 x 13
    and the tires are currently 175 x 70r x 13"

I'm thinking about going back to thinner tires on the Aspire- 165 or 155 width, probably 165
    and possibly some alloy rims- but still 13"- 5 or 5.5

:headbang:ty1
    Last edited by harpon; 10-23-2015, 02:25 PM.

1988 Festiva with aspire brakes.
    14x7 wheels 165/55/14 Achilles tires.
    Excellent ride quality, great traction and stability.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

1990 Festiva with aspire brakes.
      14x6 7 spoke hollow miata wheels
      Achilles 165/50R14XL 75V
      great traction and stability: would have preferred the 165/55 so that the speedo would be closer to correct.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

1993 Festiva. Aspire struts/shocks. Aftermarket alloy 13" wheels. Not sure on the width.

P155 80 R13 Sears Roadhandler tires.

Comment

1992 Festy with aspire breaks.
          blow aspire shocks on $40 ebay coils.
          17 x 7 chrome wheels +25.
          4 mismatched used 205/40/17's.
          ride is "NOT THAT BAD". great Donk. rekt fitment. passes the shoe test. welcomsign
          Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

!993 Festy, Aspire swap; FMS lowering springs ; 13 x 5.5 AR Estrellas.
            165/50 R-13 Achilles
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Wow- I'm surprised you can get a 165 width on a 7 inch wheel.

Those Aspire swaps- do you still use spacers? Concentric ?

Wont be doing that here- but I am frustrated at how little room the back of the Aspire has- the rear shocks are barely clearing the stock rim with 175 70Rs

I was thinking about going to bigger wheels maybe, but now that I've thought about it- I want to keep the wheels and tires light, but with a normal kind of profile.
              I want a better roll and light strain on the motor- I drive mostly in town here, and hardly ever on the open road like in the younger days.
              It's hard to find rims 13 x 5 or 5.5, and the charts I've looked at don't recommend 165 above 5.5 or 155 above 5 inches.
              I don't want to put wider alloy rims on to save weight and then have a heavy wider tire- the smaller aspect tires are more expensive too.
              The roads here in Jacksonville are relatively smooth and I'm now leaning toward staying small and light.

has anyone tried trailer wheels like these?- they look incredibly light;http://recstuff.com/13X5-4-4-Aluminu...ler-Wheel.aspx
              need concentric spacing for sure! but no offset either- lugs are dead center- that would push them outward by 3/4" I think.
              Last edited by harpon; 10-23-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

4 165/60-13 Achilles = $161.00 delivered from TireEasy.com.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

90L- Miata 7 spoke wheels, 14x6, 165-55-14, Federal Formosa FD1 tires,Custom coilovers w,ith 175 pound front springs, 120 pound rear springs.
                  92L- Miata wheels, 15x6, 185-55-15 Federal SS595 tires. FMS springs. It had 5Zigen 6spoke wheels,15x6.5 Federal Formosa FD1 tires, size 165-45-15 until I encountered a South Carolina pothole coming home from Madness
                  93L- Primax 5 spoke wheels,15x6.5, Carbon 195-50-15 Tires.
                  All cars are Aspire swapped with Festiva sway bar on front.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                  X