Why couldn't they have sold Citrion in the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't they have sold Citrion in the US

Got I love Saxo's the car I really wanted, but no damn way would i pay shipping on that :-)

Where were those cars available? England maybe?
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

It's french, probably would surrender during every street race you get in.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

HA!

Comment

yeah they are sold in the UK. they remind more of a golf than a festiva though. a bit bigger. nice cars, though id prefer a renault r5 turbo.
          "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." -Mohandas Gandhi

Comment

I dont think we will ever see a french car in the usa again, all those cars from the 70's and 80's were the biggest junks.... look how many you still see on the road. hah.. well then again look at bosch CIS fuel injection, anyone ever dabble in that? what garbage that was too...

Comment

i agree, they have a good market in europe they wont be back. lot of american junk in those yrs also.

Comment

There's a guy 2 blocks from me who has a Citron parked in his back yard! :shock:

I had to look twice before I believed it, because I've never seen one here before!
                White '89L auto - Sold!
                Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

ya ALOT of junk during those years, remember the Big oldsmobile 98 DEISEL station wagons? the biggest pieces of garbage ever invented.

With the french cars, (as much as a despise them) Some of the new peugeots, are really cool!, like there rally cars and even the scooters they make!,

They make a scooter that has a factory supercharger on it, fuel injection and a slew of other cool features! You take a nintendo gameboy, hook it up and do all your tuning, how cool is that!

Comment

about 1980 they said those cars could lose one wheel and still keep going. i do not know how true it is.

Comment

are the french minimlists or just skimp on everything? hah..

cv's had 1 spoke steering wheels, la cars had 3 lugnuts.. etc...

Comment

I don't know about French cars not having a comeback in the US. GM is talking with Nissan and Renault in to teaming up.

I'd say it's about time for the big 3 to stop making so many those huge trucks that no one is buying. I would have done that about 3 to 4 years ago. No wonder they're losing billions. If they'd look and realize that Toyota Prius' are selling used for the same price as they were new and they used this information to do something crazy like make more fuel efficient cars they might manage to make a profit. I don't know why I just ranted. sorry.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

its not a rant it is the truth. years ago the us automakers had made the chevette,pinto,sunbird ect ect but got away from those cars now they are paying the price.

Comment

well they were catering to the brainless SUV craze. :roll: everyone on the block had to have one. :lol: what percent of the brain do pple use when buying a car i wonder. :lol: they could have had the fuel efficient mini type cars here like japan and europe. but you know the usa, everything has to be big and wasteful. :lol:

Comment

my father traded in a 69' camaro rs in for a new chevette in 1976. dont ask me why!, but he put 1 million miles on it driving it to and from work for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X