Sharpie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpie

The other week I decided to install my short shift & some other minor work in the garage & my wife asked me if she could draw on the fender.

She is a talented drawer. Its not finished yet but is looking hella awesome. Lately she has been helping me with my projects. We came across a GTS 9g in the yard with clean leather seats for our 9g Galant & she grabbed a wrench with me & started taking the seats out. Very surprised since she has always shown no interest in working on cars but I think she just wants to bond. Its a win win situation, spending time with the wife & getting a project finished

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Originally posted by Ninjawimps View Post
    The other week I decided to install my short shift & some other minor work in the garage & my wife asked me if she could draw on the fender.

She is a talented drawer. Its not finished yet but is looking hella awesome. Lately she has been helping me with my projects. We came across a GTS 9g in the yard with clean leather seats for our 9g Galant & she grabbed a wrench with me & started taking the seats out. Very surprised since she has always shown no interest in working on cars but I think she just wants to bond. Its a win win situation, spending time with the wife & getting a project finished

Please uv coat that. It's awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 on clearcoating that for sure. I let someone draw on my car and it looked nice but then it faded and washed off... Only test on something else first to make sure the sharpie doesnt bleed through the clear. It does bleed through basecoat but it might be fine with clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know right, hella awesome. I'm waiting on her to finish it before i clear coat it. My 4 year old couldn't resist keeping her hands off it. A small part of the corner had 2 little smudges, but can be easily cleaned up with a q-tip & re colored.

sigpic Hold up, I'm headed to the moon cus the world is screwed up

Comment

Don't bother fixing what your daughter has done, that is her contribution to the art, keep it that way and be proud.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

The black looks great. You know they make those Sharpies in several colors as well. Your wife is very talented, too.
            "Blue92"- 92L 5 spd, original owner- 185K, B8,DD..
            "Pedro"-88L 5-spd, B6D (built by Advancedynamix)
            "Blanca"-92 GL auto, 125K(FM8 Lowest Miles)- B6 daughter's DD
            "Tractor Blue"- 89 L auto, 110K
            "Chester"-88 LX, runs but not street legal
            "Wenona"-89L parts car
            "Flame"- 89 LX 5 spd ,parts car

Comment

Awesome. My wife hates my car, but she is a very good artist. I was thinking of getting her to do something on the hood. But that is a long way down the road because I need to actually get it back on the Street first.
              "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
              sigpic
              "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
              "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
              "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
              "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
              https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

She hates your car? :0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love the brain frog!
                  But I'm gunna bet any type of clear even 1k rattle can clear with no uv protection will run that sharpie.
                  Have her redo it in PAINT PIN it will take the clear and even loom good for some time without.

Comment

I just clear coated over sharpie the other day on a side project, Black is fine, red turns orange, make sure to do a tack coat because I figure the panel wasn't scuffed before she started drawing. Take your time and don't get any drags. Wait a week then sand with 600 to 1000 to 1500 to 2000 then buff. then its glass.
                    Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

Yes, she calls my Festiva horrible names and makes fun of it... She calls it things like "Death Trap" "Piece of S#*%" "Ugly" and various other things that I prefer not to say on here. I think one of the reasons she hates it is because if I am out in the garage working on it then that means I'm not inside spending time with her watching TV while we are both on our phones not paying attention to what is actually happening on the TV.... but she did agree to paint something on it last night. She was thinking maybe a Zelda Theme or something like that.
                      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                      sigpic
                      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                        Yes, she calls my Festiva horrible names and makes fun of it... She calls it things like "Death Trap" "Piece of S#*%" "Ugly" and various other things that I prefer not to say on here. I think one of the reasons she hates it is because if I am out in the garage working on it then that means I'm not inside spending time with her watching TV while we are both on our phones not paying attention to what is actually happening on the TV.... but she did agree to paint something on it last night. She was thinking maybe a Zelda Theme or something like that.

Give her time, like mine, she will come around

Ninja, that looks great! Your wife is indeed talented!
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                        X