Your not going to belive this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your not going to belive this

Yesterday, we have a church social. Its more of a outside thing. My Festiva is in the parking lot. Another member asks "is that your Festiva"? Now I don't know why he is just noticing it. I can only guess. He's the first to get there and the last to leave. I'm more the last to get there and first to leave. So I say, "yes its mine". He says, "I've got one in my backyard do you want it?" I say, "let me look at it Sunday after church". Now I'm to old and wise to commit to something without thinking about it. Plus this is a church brother I dont want to make mad. So we leave it at that.

Later a bunch of us guys are watching the kids play at the bondfire. The preacher says "you know you two live behind each other" So we start talking. "I live on this street. Yea I live the next street over. This is my house number. My number is the same. Yada yada."

Now the lot I live on is one acre by five acres. All the other lots are the same. My lot is clear. All the others are covered in thick pine trees.

So today I go and look at the Festiva. As we are walking to the back of his lot I can see the back of my lot.

Back to the Festiva. We walk up to a white festiva L plus just buried in pine needles. I ask "How long has it been back here? Oh a long time." It was last tagged in 1999. What I can see. The body looks stright and rust free. Interior is moldy but rip free. Tach cluster shows 151K. Five speed. I asked "why did you quit driving it? Something wrong with the motor. 3 kids learned how to drive on it. But it was never wreaked."

So to move it 100 yards, from his property to mine. A tractor will have to pull it over trash and out of the woods. A roll back will have to move it three miles. Half way around a country block. Then drop it 100 yards from where its been the last 15 yrs.

When I got home. I went to the back of my property. I'm 100 yards from the Festiva. I know were it is. I can see my 5 parts cars. Can't see the Festiva for the trees. I walk 50 yards into the woods before I can begin to see the car.

I would not belive it.

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing. That does seem unlikely which, if it were me, would makes it seem as if I had no choice but to get it over that 100 yards even if the longest way possible without leaving your block. You know, the way the whole thing unfolded and presented itself...the 5 parts cars waiting to give... Come on next Sunday, so we an get it already. Very cool. Also if anyone tried to talk to me about the need for it I would tell them that that conversation was put to rest after the 4th one.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Working...
    X