Radio shorting maybe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio shorting maybe?

Alternator worked good until I wired in a new CD player.. Now radio cuts off with headlights which I know means I wired my ground to the dimmer. My question is would it short so bad the alternator wouldn't charge? Or maybe the alternator just randomly decided to die?

Sent from my ALCATEL A845L using Tapatalk

Check the fuses in the engine bay. Sounds like you put your radio 12v on wire to your dimmer light switch.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Fuses are good

Comment

I had purchased a new festiva radio harness that adapted to an aftermarket radio off ebay a while back for about 5 shipped.Maybe that could help.

Comment

I had the exact same problem. It was the ground for the radio in my case. Make sure that's in a good spot.

Comment

When i bought my festiva the radio wires had had a small fire... So i ran a new ground straight to the battery and ran the positive from the cigarette lighter. No dimmer on mine.
            Check your wires for signs of a fire :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The radios not the big issue. I'm wondering if it would bring the alternator down being wired this way.

Comment

Nope... radio is out and still not charging... I need an alternator.. :/

Comment

Working...
                X