Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best tranny for b6t to use? plus other parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best tranny for b6t to use? plus other parts?

Gonna b6t my festiva soon. What would be the best tranny to use? I will be adding power as time goes on. I will rip the b6tapart and replace everything while i have it out. So new water pump, gaskets, belts, and the entire list.

Aside from tranny what all should i do to the motor while its out and down? It seems the con rods are the weak link. Any direction here would be great. In the end i think 200-250hp would be nice. Im not afraid to throw money at it if its for the right reason. Car will remain a daily driver but i do have a few other modes of getting around.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

G series from xr2 capri.
    Along with the axels and Jackshaft.
    I'm not not en engine builder but I think that those hp numbers are reachable with stock rods. The miata guys do it and the b6t is the same engine with lower compression pistons.
    But someone with more experience should chime in.

Comment

I think i want the festiva build to be able to best the mustang guys that have an intake and a fancy exhaust. Never built a festiva so im not sure how much hp that will need. Any ideas on that?
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
        I think i want the festiva build to be able to best the mustang guys that have an intake and a fancy exhaust. Never built a festiva so im not sure how much hp that will need. Any ideas on that?
        You need a custom intake and a better turbo and custom exhaust manifold for best results

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

That b6t intake manifold is like blowing through a straw

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any good aftermarket ones or just diy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
            X