Headlight Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Films

Has anyone here used a yellow headlight film on their cars? I love the look but I'm curious as to the visibility change. I imagine its negligible since its a light color but can anyone attest to that?
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Want to post a link to what your thinking of buying? I put clear film on mine to try to keep the rocks from breaking it so fast and it made no difference in brightness of course- but i have never seen yellow film. Most people want white or blue lights even though you can see better with yellow or green. Do you like the yellow light on the road or how your headlamps themselves look when tinted yellow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like how they look when they are tinted yellow, but the light itself being yellow would be nice. This would be mainly for looks, more than function. I never knew you could see better with yellow lights. Interesting!
      1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
      1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
      2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

I ran yellow Laminex on my headlights for a year or so. It takes some getting used to, but the light is actually better for vision and you can run high beams all the time without blinding people. Be ready to fight for your rights though, I got pulled over a dozen or more times and told it was illegal. Have the your local lighting laws memorized and documented and you will be okay.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I've been told it was illegal to. But not by the police. Although I can't see why. Keeps from blinding people and really helps in rain and fog.
          You can also get yellow bulbs on ebay that will fit our cars but they don't last very long. But there really cheap so stock up lol.
          Illinois law Sec. 12‑201.
          States all vehicle lights must be white, yellow, or amber to the front, and red, yellow, or amber to the rear.
          Last edited by william; 11-17-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Can't be good for MORE light, but whether it diminishes the lights too much I guess depends on how clear the lenses still are. I'm usually more concerned with using wax or rubbing compound or steel wool soap pads to keep the old lenses clear than worrying over making them less clear.

and personally I really can't stand halogen headlights- from the other side of the road at least.

RUIDD:
            Last edited by harpon; 11-17-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

delve into this site to learn pretty much all about auto lighting. http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TWFodor View Post
                http://www.amazon.com/inches-Adhesiv...low+light+tint

I like how they look when they are tinted yellow, but the light itself being yellow would be nice. This would be mainly for looks, more than function. I never knew you could see better with yellow lights. Interesting!
                Your eyes see contrast, so especially in snow yellow or green glasses or bulbs help you see a lot better. White or blue lights in snow are pretty terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X