Getting the capri xr2 saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the capri xr2 saturday

So after having several different festivas i have finally decided to build one. In the past on a student budget it was almost impossible to do anything. Now that i am on my 2nd real job and making damn good money its time to build a festiva.

My plan is to get the capri xr2, motor mounts/harness (from a member here) and go to town. I might drive the capri for a bit if its good enough. Driving the capri would let me pull the festiva apart and really go over it. The plan is to build it with all good to top end stuff over the winter. Ill be on here looking for the best deals i can find so if you have some b6t goodies let me know.

Im going to get the swap done and in the car and then im shooting for 250hp mark. Might adjust that number up or down as thing happen.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

If you have done the b6t and want to give any advice or thoughts please feel free. Any and all knowledge on the subject will be helpful.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

just go BPT easier to get desired HP, less wiring in the engine bay and extremely more available parts
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

for me its to much work to go bpt. With the b6t all i have to do is buy the car motor mounts and a wire harness. That takes car of most of the work. My welding is not the best yet so i couldn't make a manifold. The price would go way up having to buy all the parts by themselves.

I will be pulling the b6t head later on and cleaning it up as much as i can while keeping it safe. Will upgrade a few motor bits. Plus a few more mods will get me to my hp level i wish for.

BPT would be nice but not in my 1st festiva build.
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

What's your plan for making 250HP? Ethanol, standalone, 25 psi? What's your plan for putting that power to the ground?
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

To start SLOW DOWN DUDE! I just want to take it step by step. I dont need to have a 250hp festiva today! I am going to complete the swap and get the car running again as step one. Step 2 will be to redo the suspension. Im not 100% sure on this yet as there is 100 different ways to do this (if you wanna lend a hand there please do). Step 3 Once the car is running good and sitting good i will start with the ecu. Get it tuned to up the boost for the stock turbo (if i find the parts tune for a hybrid setup). Not sure which chip or tune or magic Merlin man i will go with just yet. If i find parts to do the hybrid turbo setup then that will be step 3- tune for the new turbo along with all the mods to support it. Step 4 will be going to a biger turbo, fuel pump, injectors, head port, ARP hardware, custom tube intake plus anything else i can do to it.

Point is i plan to keep making the car better over time so its not a big deal all at once. Im not scared to open the motor and build it either.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I think im going with act clutch. will do the top gear in the tranny. I will be on street tires. Might get a set of drag tires at some point but then again i dont care to drag race much who knows.

This build is still very early on and my 1st actual car build. I have always had bikes so i never messed with cars that much.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Got the capri xr2 home today. Its a fast little car as is in stock trim. Rasie it to 16psi and im sure itll be a blast. To bad the car is junk to me.

Cant wait to get the motor in the festiva.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Working...
                X