Aspire bp swap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire bp swap ?

Has anyone does this swap ? I found two different wiring diagrams and was wondering which one was more popular ? See if this gets any attention here ? Aspire forum has been dead forever .
    New build on the way .

and this one seems to be on life support.
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
      Yeah, sadly. Why would people split the site up by going to FB? They miss out on a lot here. Just makes them both mediocre rather than having one good site.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Yeah I just got a Facebook just to see over there. Now everyone and there cousin is friend requesting me. I just wanted to see some festy stuff. It sucks. I tried to stay just on the forum but Facebook is known everywhere and the forum nobody really knows about. I guess I'll be like the cool guys and do both.
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Personally I get super irritated with the n00bs that constantly ask questions there that are stickied here. I don't mean to be a jerk but come on, this forum costs money to run. Use it.
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by loknlode View Post
            Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            Yeah, sadly. Why would people split the site up by going to FB? They miss out on a lot here. Just makes them both mediocre rather than having one good site.
            What? I am also part of a honda civic forum. Im mostly there for a laugh but i check it regularly because theres lots of laughs... But anyway, its for all civics- 1980whatever till current and they have about 9000 members on tapatalk anyway, we have like 400? And there is on average more activity here on the festiva forum for a couple of years worth of a car that wasnt relatively popular in its time than for 35 years of the 'best selling' compact car. Its a worldwide forum as well, not just north america. So dont knock this one too hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
              What? I am also part of a honda civic forum. Im mostly there for a laugh but i check it regularly because theres lots of laughs... But anyway, its for all civics- 1980whatever till current and they have about 9000 members on tapatalk anyway, we have like 400? And there is on average more activity here on the festiva forum for a couple of years worth of a car that wasnt relatively popular in its time than for 35 years of the 'best selling' compact car. Its a worldwide forum as well, not just north america. So dont knock this one too hard!

He's referring to the fact that we also have a Facebook group and it has essentially stolen traffic from this site.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                He's referring to the fact that we also have a Facebook group and it has essentially stolen traffic from this site.
                Yes, but i wouldn't say this one is almost dead, thats all i was getting at. It could be better sure, but most of the people on the fb group should know about this forum and just choose to be on the fb group instead of here for some reason.

Comment

Yes, but i wouldn't say this one is almost dead, thats all i was getting at. It could be better sure, but most of the people on the fb group should know about this forum and just choose to be on the fb group instead of here for some reason.

Yeah but my biggest issue is every day people ask questions on there that are covered in sticky threads here.
                  Last edited by bhazard; 11-23-2015, 01:28 PM.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

If they are anything like the civic people they would ask here anyway without looking at the stickies or searching... You can hope for better, but 50% of that civic forum is people asking questions that have been answered a million times and just typing it into the google search engine would have told them the answer instantly.

Comment

You just joined a few months ago. Those of us who have been here a long time remember it being much more active.

@ shadetree: Sorry for us all hijacking your thread.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 11-23-2015, 01:39 PM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                        Has anyone does this swap ? I found two different wiring diagrams and was wondering which one was more popular ? See if this gets any attention here ? Aspire forum has been dead forever .
                        I've seen BP swapped aspires but I know the wiring is much more involved. I should be able to pull the chilton's wiring guide for the aspire if you want it.

Comment

The FB page is much more convenient as well as there is better communication between people, I think. there is lots of information on here but its really not that easy to find what you are looking for if you have something specific to find. Plus its a good bit more work to get media onto this site vs facebook. brad, noobs post on here too asking questions that are stickied, thats always a thing. as for aspire bp swaps, i've never seen anything about which is better, but I know ive seen at least one that people thought was good. It was like on that yuku site or something.
                          Tommy

WannaBimmer Build in Progress:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...-Festiva-Build

Comment

ECUPINOUT.jpgWiringConversionSmall.jpgWiringConversionLarge.jpgmazda_ecu_1.jpg

This is what I have.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post

This is what I have.
                              Phew! Not a Festy BP swap for certain!
                              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                              X