Canada Lacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Lacking

I have been on the lookout for a decent FI 5 speed festiva in canada now for quite some time, and it seems that us canadian folks have much less then in the states. Sure theres a few around, but all of them are automatic and the chump driving them is pretty sure that its worth at least a few grand because "it has a new exaust." ha. I dont believe it is that easy to bring a festiva into Canada from the States is it? I am really starting to look into that as i am getting despirate. I was up in Florida a few weeks ago and i have never seen so many festivas without a SPOT or rust, it was a beautiful / tear jerking sight. any input is appriciated. There has to be a few canadians on this site, lol. [/b]
    -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
    -1993 Festiva L

I KNOW what you mean!! I'm from Winnipeg and am getting desperate too!

They arent very common here, I only know of 2 of them.. one is sitting dead in someone's driveway, and the other is a really nice yellow 90' but its not for sale!

There was a 4spd carbed 89' for sale awhile ago but I passed because I want a 5spd EFI.. and just the other day I saw a AD for a clean 93' but its a damm auto!
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

You guys could always convert the auto to a 5 speed if its that difficult to find one.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

ha, when i saw the post for "14 festivas on auto trader" i thought about how trader.ca has had like 3 on it in the last year. an auto to manual swap is very difficult isnt it? i'm not really sure. i see on e bay they are selling clutch and brake pedals and mounts. is it something to look into?
        -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
        -1993 Festiva L

Comment

If you search, someone here just did this swap, if I recall he said it wasn't to difficult!
          Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Check this http://tinyurl.com/jlvog
            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

that post seems to make it sound pretty simple. i am seriously considering this. Not having alot of car expirience makes me seem a little worried about it though. There is a decent 92 gray festiva down my road that has been for sale for over a year and if i could get that for 200 and them get a donor car from the junk yard, it might just make sense. anyone have a bit more of in depth instructions on it? haha, i'll give someone 200 bucks to come do it for me, ha.
              -1993 Festiva L

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you are, So hard to find one. I've found a 5 speed EFI festiva but the guy wants $2500 for it, and it's got some surface rust ....Guys here love festi's but even running well they aren't worth more than a $1000 with stock parts.

Comment

about half of the ones i see are auto and the other half are 5 speed, i don't find them hard to find, i know of a couple that are just sitting out behind people garages but never stopped in too check them out though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                  X