Which BOV should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which BOV should i get?

I know its stupid to talk about it but we all still love it. BOV sound!

Which should i get? I am new to the mazda motors so i dont know which actually sound good in person.

Part of having a turbo car is the fun of driving it around. Each time i get in my Audi i crack the window just because it simply sounds so good. I want that same joy in the festiva.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Some guys would say don't use a bov. Use a recirculation valve. Depends where you're metering air though. I like the http://www.frozenboost.com/bov/turbo...nge-p-483.html . But all their selections are nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going with a tial knock off. We will see how it pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
        I'm going with a tial knock off. We will see how it pans out.
        Please post back as soonas youcan as this is at the top on my list as of now!
        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Have you actually used the bov from these guys? It seems like a great deal if they work. I might give them a try anyway. Would free up cash to dump on other things!!!
          1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

From my research do not cheap out on any part of the turbo system. Nothing useful to add...

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

Which BOV should i get?

When we turboed my brothers civic we bought a mid priced ebay bov. It sat over the winter and the bov stuck shut and we pinched the hose going to the wastegate when we slammed the hood. Accidentally doubled our safe boost limit for about 1 second on the first launch. Surprisingly didnt kill the motor and boy did that car fly! was a quick hack job the first go round and Had a blue flame shooting through the rad from the wastegate every time you let off the gas which was cool
              Point is dont get a cheap one and check them after they sit. Other than that it worked fine tho. Sounded nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by ryanprins13; 12-10-2015, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Mine is the recirculating kind. I didn't want the bov sound myself. It gives away the sleeper status as long as they haven't seen the front end.
                Jerry
                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                X