MK1/2 suspension HELL!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK1/2 suspension HELL!!!

So i laid all my parts out and what do you know im missing one top hat. Ok thats fine. I sent a message to the ebay guy and we will just wait on that part to finish up the front in a week or so.

So i get started on pulling the front parts off and in no time front is ready to rebuild. I go grab my dremel to extend the mounting holes on the coilover and my dremel bits are about as sharp as a spoon. I grab the drill and a metal shapping bit but the drill was dead. I go grab a bottle of my favorite drink and by the time im back im in ready to go. I get the hole extended back almost to the shock body. I get everything in place and the top holes are way off. The mounting point was to high. I ended up having to extend the holes down as well. I took pictures of everything only to have my sd card FAIL. I will have a new one soon and get pics from side 2 tho dont worry. Got the front right done and good to go.

The rear was fine until i got to the lower shock bolt. It was not going to happen. The exhaust lets out just before the beam. So the exhaust has rusted the bolt in place. ill need to fix this exhaust asap. I had to cut the bolt out. Cut the shock off the bolt then cut the bolt out (my hack saw wouldn't fit in there). I used the air hammer to pop the weld and remove the stock nut. I replaced with new hardware and finished the rear right.

It took way way to long to get th job half done. The whiskey didnt help but still took to long.

Even with it only half done the car is amazing to drive now. When i go to turn the car does what i want it to do rather then dance for a bit. I cant wait to finish the job and move on to the next task.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD
Working...
X