how aspire swap plays out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how aspire swap plays out.

so the aspire parts all go on a festy with the exception of the tie rods. that is the only part that stays
    festiva when ordering suspension parts.?? if so that would men that one tie rod is longer than the
    other? if so, does anyone know the measurements of those 2 tie rods? I have a set of new ones but I
    can't remember what car I bought these for.

thanks
    admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Outer ties need to be aspire for the aspire and rio hubs.
    The seats are different from festiva and aspire iirc the festiva matches the capri hubs.

Comment

Do NOT use the aspire control arms.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Aspire front brake swap:
        Festiva inner tie rods
        Aspire tie rod ends
        Festiva lower control arms

Capri front brake swap:
        Festiva inner tie rods
        Festiva tie rod ends
        Aspire lower control arms

Aspire rear beam/brake swap:
        use Festiva parking brake cables and passenger side (USA, CA right side) flex hose. IIRC.

It's redundant to say "inner tie rods". They are just tie rods. The outer piece is the tie rod end. But so many people say this that I guess we should continue to do so to avoid confusion.

@ loknlode: if you have the boxes the tie rods came in, try looking them up on Rock Auto to determine if they are Festiva or Aspire.
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-23-2015, 05:58 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

hi, should we keep the festiva axels?

Comment

I think the O.P. wants to know how to tell the difference between aspire inner tie rods and festiva because he has a new set that he's not sure what they fit. Is there a part number on the box that you can look up?
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

no # but you do keep the festy axles? so only aspire parts to order if going with all new stuff would be the TR ends?, keeping the festy LCA and tie rods.
              admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Yes, use the Festy axles. This is true with either the Aspire or Capri front brake swap.
                Last edited by TominMO; 12-23-2015, 09:20 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X