B6T Rebuild Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T Rebuild Help

I want to pull my b6t out of the capri soon and check and clean it all. Does anyone have any info on gasket kits or rebuild kits?
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Call a local engine shop. Youll need them to check the head anyways ...go to them and get part #s on what you need . i usually find everything on the cheap and then have the machine shop price match it all.

They can also steam clean the whole engine which is nice

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

I will be doing a basic port job on the heads myself. Nothing crazy but i want to clean them up from stock. Blend a bit smooth it out a bit. Might open up the runners if i think they need or can handle it. Will have a good friend take a look at them but what about you guys that have exp with the b6t.

If im going to pull it all apart what all should be done? What all can i do to squeeze a few more hp out of it?
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I use overn cleaner and my power washer to clean the motor. Takes about an hour and 6$
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Check with the miata guys for head porting suggestions. That said, I'll just leave this here http://www.amazon.com/David-Vizards-.../dp/1934709646.

Edit: I think you can also shave the head quite a bit. You might want to look into that to make sure, but considering the dismal compression on a B6T it's probably not be a bad idea. Also check your deck clearance, if you have a whole bunch might want to pull some material off of the top of the block. Again refer to the miata guys. Also look into what head gaskets and bearings the fast miata guys are running.
          Last edited by jdobbs86; 12-30-2015, 02:16 PM. Reason: preventing a double post

Comment

Factory mazda gaskets for the 1.6 miata work best for the water pump and intake manifold. Everything else use fel-pro except the head gasket. Use a cometic gasket and ARP studs for your head.
            ACL bearings seem to work good.
            I buy all my gaskets and seals off eBay. If you search you can find really cheap prices.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Factory mazda gaskets for the 1.6 miata work best for the water pump and intake manifold. Everything else use fel-pro except the head gasket. Use a cometic gasket and ARP studs for your head.
              ACL bearings seem to work good.
              I buy all my gaskets and seals off eBay. If you search you can find really cheap prices.
              Thanks!
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I'm also about to pull this b6t apart for at least new gaskets it looks pretty healthy otherwise.
                One question on the head gasket Charlie I've never used a cometic gasket before but have heard stores of them not sealing because the head needs to be very smooth, like a mirror? How fine do these gaskets require the head to be. I'm still looking for a place around here that will rebuild this head for me. The head on my b6d has bad valve guides and consumes oil even after the bottom end being rebuilt 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X