Best Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Build

I've read a lot on this forum, and I've seen many different ways people build their Festivas. What would your build look like starting with a bone stock car. Try to include all the mods/conversions/upgrades and as many details and reasons why you'd choose them. This should be fun.
    Last edited by cm123077; 01-05-2016, 06:44 AM.

I am going through this now. I am going with a B6T motor with a water meth injection. Capri front end will go on the car. Will replace the clutch with something better for extra grab. I did the advanced suspension. I am replacing the seats with some actual racing seats and harnesses. I will make a custom flat (race car looking) dash panel. I will make a custom heater box (made a prototype for ideas already) that will go behind the flat dash. I plan to make some custom fiberglass speaker boxes in the back corners (small-nothing crazy). I might do some fiberglass door panels. Will make a center console to tie into my dash and give me an arm rest. I have not made up my mind if i wanna do full custom bumpers or buy a bumper and skirts. Will look for a rear wing. Going with a custom brunt orange paint job. New 14" rims and tires.

Once the car is running and going good i will change the turbo setup to go with a bigger turbo. Will get a higher end fuel pump. Megasquirt system. Redo the exhaust. FMIC. Track time

My car is being built to give me joy while going to work. It is meant to keep me happy and give me something to keep my brain working in the winter. Also i want a fast fun but not crazy expensive car. I almost bought a supra but then thought SCREW that lets build the festiva. Plus is something different then all the normal cars around here.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

My build will be done 90% by me and 100% in my own garage. It will take some time but will be done in the next few months i hope.
      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Mike, what do you mean by "Capri front end" ?
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-05-2016, 08:25 AM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Mine stays stock- most trouble free car ever the old '88 I drove from 175K to 275K

Comment

Capri brakes, and axles

Not sure on control arms or knuckles (dont know which to use)

OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS
            Last edited by mikemounlio; 01-05-2016, 11:56 AM.
            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I'd stay away from the Capri brakes. Aspire/rio work great and you get rid of the captured rotor and 4x114
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                I'd stay away from the Capri brakes. Aspire/rio work great and you get rid of the captured rotor and 4x114
                i am staying with the festiva rear beam. It would save me from having to buy and redrill my rear drums. Also i like the idea of having stronger brakes up front. I think ill need them!

Are the capri brakes all that bad? I still dont know what im going to do 100% yet
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Supercharger and water to air intercooling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

You can't run a 13" wheel with them and you still have the stupid captured rotor. They're heavier too.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      You can't run a 13" wheel with them and you still have the stupid captured rotor. They're heavier too.
                      All true. I have 'em on my Festy. They work great, but when the wheel bearings need to be done on one of them, I will switch to Aspire knuckles that I will have ready to go. Rears are stock Festy.

My wheels (14x6 AR Estrellas) have both Festy and Aspire bolt patterns, so no issue there.
                      Last edited by TominMO; 01-05-2016, 02:13 PM.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        All true. I have 'em on my Festy. They work great, but when the wheel bearings need to be done on one of them, I will switch to Aspire knuckles that I will have ready to go. Rears are stock Festy.

My wheels (14x6 AR Estrellas) have both Festy and Aspire bolt patterns, so no issue there.
                        Can you post a picture? I am thinking these or http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...FYcWHwod5HQDOQ
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          Can you post a picture? I am thinking these or http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...FYcWHwod5HQDOQ
                          Here you go. American Racing Estrella.

I did the "Choose Vehicle" thing and it tells me it has no wheels for my Festiva or Aspire....:-( Of course I've had these wheels on both my cars......I guess the Miata daisies that I currently have on the Aspire won't work either.
                          Last edited by TominMO; 01-05-2016, 03:14 PM.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                            Sorry i meant of the rims on your car. I would like to see how they look to my eye.
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                              Sorry i meant of the rims on your car. I would like to see how they look to my eye.
                              Oh, OK, let me look around.....

Here you go. this is before I did any suspension work, so the car is ~2" lower now.
                              Last edited by TominMO; 01-05-2016, 03:20 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Working...
                              X