Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock air box

any one have one for sale..
    any experience with drilling holes in the stock airbox / freeing up the exhaust
    for minimal gains?

Originally posted by errjam View Post
    any one have one for sale..
    any experience with drilling holes in the stock airbox / freeing up the exhaust
    for minimal gains?
    If you drill holes in the lower half, it will help it to breath at higher RPMs, say above 4K; and have no negative effect on drivability. Plus it will sound cooler when you floor it.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I'd just cut off the muffler and put in either a straight pipe or a glasspack. The stock engine really is not that loud.

Then I've read that drilling holes in the airbox helps. Also read that it can't help anything but just adding noise. I'd probably side with the later, but my Festies get piping intakes with permanent filters regardless. If nothing else it's less clutter.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

that's what i'm looking for
        now to find one to play with

Comment

Working...
        X