X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 DOHC swap help

Will a b6 DOHC swap in as easy as the b6 SOHC

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not quite. You'll need to fabricate mounts. I've never personally done this before so maybe someone else will chime in.
    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

You only need to modify 1 mount. I'm going to modify a batch of them later this month.
      If the DOHC B6 is from a Capri, it's a really easy swap, almost plug and play. If it's from a miata you'll need some capri or 323 gt/gtx parts to make it work (unless your a decent fabricator).
      CLICK HERE FOR A DETAILED THREAD ON THIS TOPIC
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-07-2016, 01:20 PM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Shadetree said the B6D or B6T is as easy in a carb car as an EFI car. I would PM him to see how he did that. I personally don't understand how that's possible, but I've done neither.

I do know that the carb fuel tank is different, and it does not have a fuel pump in it like the EFI ones do. So, you'd either have to swap tanks or install an inline pump. But again no experience here.

I've only done 1 swap in an EFI car. So again, I'd PM him.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Rob was referring to it in terms of wiring up the b6d capri or b6t capri fuel injection. If you use stock festiva fuel injection, this isn't the case (non turbo only, unless your a wizard with LJETRONIC management or you've got a plug n play Megasquirt for the project.)

A b6d will run fine on stock festiva Fuel injection, but if you plan to run the b6d on Carburetors, you've got your work cut out for you. The manifolds to do this are rare and expensive. You could modify a Capri intake manifold to use a 2 barrel (non progressive) carb, but you'll need some good equipment and skill for this.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-07-2016, 01:30 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
          X