Vacuum line question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum line question?

I just bought a good running 1988 Carby Festiva. I've been getting it street worthy and noticed this line was broken. What does it do? What is it called? Where can I order it from?
    Thank you for any help. I ordered a manuel and am still waiting for it.
    -Johnathanimage2-4.jpg

It looks like I goes to the top of the solenoid with the orange plug. From the pic it looks like there was a nipple on top of that solenoid and the hose sure looks like it would go there from the way its curved.

Comment

Pardon the ignorance but a solenoid for what? Thank you

Comment

For the carburetor. I don't know a whole lot about the carb cars but I think it's a semi computer controlled carburetor. So it uses solenoids to control when the carburetor sees vacuum at different parts. Just follow the vacuum lines the next time your under the hood and see where they go. I would bet they go to the carburetor or possibly egr( but I don't think the Festiva ever had egr.)
        Last edited by gergorian; 01-25-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

It's an EGR part- I bought my 88 Festy in California in 1997, but I ended up in Indiana. There I took all the vacuum lines off the carburetor and all those EGR parts off the firewall and from under the hood, and I plugged all the extra openings on the carburetor and it never ran better after that, with the original stock Asian carb.

Like a clock.
          Last edited by harpon; 01-25-2016, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harpon View Post
            It's an EGR part- I bought my 88 Festy in California in 1997, but I ended up in Indiana. There I took all the vacuum lines off the carburetor and all those EGR parts off the firewall and from under the hood, and I plugged all the extra openings on the carburetor and it never ran better after that, with the original stock Asian carb.

Like a clock.
            Did you get any better gas milage after that? Is it a semi computer controlled system like previously mentioned? Thank you
            -Johnathan

Comment

Originally Posted by harpon View Post

Like a clock.

Originally posted by Mini62cooper View Post
              Did you get any better gas milage after that? Is it a semi computer controlled system like previously mentioned? Thank you
              -Johnathan
              Electronic feedback control system for the carburetor, has an ECU

I too am interested in any fuel economy change.
              Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-26-2016, 05:34 PM.
              No car too fast !

Comment

harpon, I really like the 88 red factory paint.
                I have a 93 green with a red stripe.
                I recommend you put a green mylar stripe on your bumpers and body moldings.
                It is the direct complementary color. Cheap, fast and easy mod.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 01-26-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X